Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

TWO LR3'S
By Steve

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased two LR3's new. One has been plagued with electrical problems, the other perfect...go figure. The dealer, as nice as can be, has not yet been able to correct cruise control and ABS problems on the troubled LR3. I'm on my third trip to the dealer. Fortunately, they give you an LR3 free as a loaner. That said, they are wonderful cars..maybe the best overall vehicles I've ever owned. I live in the mountains near Telluride, Colorado. Our home is off a rural dirt highway. I often use the suspension height lever to clear deep snow. You will love this vehicle..you will probably love your dealer (at least ours), but be prepared for some trying moments.

Views from all 3 rows of seating. Ride quality. Looks. Comfort. My clients love this car! No rattles.

Aux input to stereo not adjustable. Get the bugs out of the on-board computers. Offer a diesel engine. Squeaky brakes. Great dealer support, crummy factory support.

You only live once, buy yourself an LR3!
By Chris

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car/truck. It has all of the creature comforts one could want, but the designers haven't forgotten what a Land Rover is supposed to be about. It is great for towing, slogging through a blizzard, and 4- wheeling in the national forest. It handles great, has a great sound- system, and ummm ummm, those heated seats in the front and back are great in Wisconsin winters.

Looks, handling, and comfort!

The bane of any SUV...mileage. I barely have it broken in, but my mileage has improved markedly. I recently took a 160 mile drive on secondary roads and averaged just under 22mpg and if a cop my not see this I might even confess to driving 75mph. I just hope it gets better.

I should have listened to my husband
By Kelly Weaver

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After owning about six reliable Toyotas, We purchased a 2006 LR3. While the car is fun and rugged, it has not proved to be a reliable, quality vehicle at all. Many of the problems have been minor (broken seat belt, gas cap fell apart, bright lights come on with blinker, etc.)but there are a couple of larger issues we are still trying to solve regarding suspension and the radio(which sounds incredible when it is working). The suspension fault indicator sometimes comes on daily for no reason. I had a problem with something else that was causing the check engine light to come on, which required two trips to the dealership to have a part changed out. Too many aggravations.

Harmon Kardon sound, roominess, cargo space, visibility,

Improve over all quality to match cost of vehicle, power seat should work when car is turned off, radio should go off when car is turned off, improved acceleration in V6

King of the Road
By upper midwest

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Was a Volvo wagon owner and follower but always admired Landrover. Was concerned about reliability, but after a bad dealership customer service experience at Volvo, I traded my vehicle in for a demo 2006 LR3. The ride is phenomenal. I'm 6'1, 205 lbs and there's nothing like Landrover headroom, they are second to none. The seats are firm and supportive, and the instrumentation clear. An extremely technologically advanced vehicle as far as stereo, electronic gizmos i.e. rain sensor wipers, backup alarm, air suspension, ride dial and things I'm still discovering! The lure was all servicing is complimentary during warranty. Can't wait for the Minnesota snows!

Heated front and rear seats, full 7 passenger seating. Bright headlights. Headroom headroom headroom! Comfortable ride, comfortable seats, and multizone air/heating system. And enough cupholders for an entire soccer team.

The big rig ain't shy at the gas pump, but you know that going in.

Do not buy this unreliable piece of junk
By House

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 1 1/2 years and I'm counting down the days to turn it in. Thank god I only got a 2 year lease. I had to put all new tires at 16,000 miles. Every time it rains my wife gets soaked with water pouring in from the overhead lamps. It's been in the shop about 6 times in the last 18 months for various flaws. One day we were on a family trip in the winter and the LR3 simply shut down in the middle of the road.

Looks good. Very roomy with kids and dog

Reduce the price tag to $20,000 or build a new vehicle.