Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

42,000 Miles Later
By Steve Schneider

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought two LR3 HSE's in 12/06. I can't remember owning a car that I've enjoyed as much. Never spent a nickel on service. There's been 2 or 3 items to deal with during the 42K miles, but the dealers have taken excellent care the entire time. I have clients that all drive high end cars and just can't stop raving about the LR3's. 5 stars!

Great ride and handling. Incredible stadium seating (3 rows). Great visibility from every seat. After 3 years, the paint looks as new. Great stereo. Still on my first set of brakes after 42k miles. Got the large luggage rack. Can carry 3 couples with all their luggage and skis on top!

Needs adjustable audio input for Ipods, etc. Factory setting too low. Better choice of tires.

Good Vehicle
By Wonderful Vehicle

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a good vehicle we drive it up and down the east coast and can get 20.4 MPG. It's also nice with the over-the-head DVD player which makes the rides better. I like all of the features on the SUV. It's a very smooth ride.

Interior looks good. The third row of the vehicle is very roomy compared to other SUVs.

The navigational system needs to get better, so does the memory system, and the tires make a lot of noise.

My first Land Rover changed my life !
By DAISY GAMBLE

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A Pleasure to DRIVE...6 Flags for FUN My first Land Rover...I am now into the Land Rover Lifestyle. Joined a Land rover club in California and Now I can go ANYWHERE in My Lr3 HSE! Other Drivers in Other Cars Take Notice of a Land Rover. Other luxury SUVs are boring! I still need to read the entire owner's manual. So many fab features. Yep, I miss my Xterra involved in a crash once in a while... But my Land Rover makes me get over it fast ! Recommend this SUV ! Carries two great danes in style !

I Love Them All !!! the way the second row seats go forward to let in My great Danes is Great !!!

ASHTRAY is Ridiculous...Wobbles...had to buy another at Auto Zone. Display Too Tiny. Cannot Read the Time all the Time

Best Ever
By EniwderAuto

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Easy to get around in. Turn radius makes it easy in city and off road. Gas mileage good for 6000 lbs. Excellent interior space with smaller exterior foot print. Great for highway cruising as well. Much better gas mileage than a crew cab pickup.

Bluetooth capabilities and headlights.

None

Happy New LR3 Owner
By Inland Northwest Fun

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my LR3 and am really glad I did. About 2 weeks after I bought it, we got 23 inches of snow in three days. My LR3 handled the weather incredibly well, while other SUV's were stuck on the side of the road.

My favorite feature is the terrain response system. With the turn of the knob, I'm able to take my LR3 anywhere.

Only improvement is the gas mileage.