2006 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
It is a LR afterall...
By Rover on 03/30/07 21:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The car is absolutely awesome. It is like having McGyver with you at all times. If you want perefection, I would look elsewhere (generic, blend with all, and is that my car?). Think of it as a thoroughbred, the care and feeding are most crucial.

Great Vehicle
By Ken Daniel on 03/16/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a surprise my wife and I received after driving the LR3. WE drove all the other models including the new Acura MDX, the new Volvo and the new BMW X5. They were all good, but not great. The LR3 drove as good or better than all of them. It was very comfortable on the highway, tight and responsive, all the bells and whistles and more, including the GPS, fold down second and third seats, unique Europeon styling and one of a kind looks. Give it a try before you make that final decision. After 3 months, not one problem, as good as the day we drove it off the lot.

Awesome SUV!!!
By David on 02/06/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really fun truck to drive. We also own a Landcruiser and was actually looking to buy a smaller SUV like ML350 or X5, when we stumbled on this....Wonderful truck..This is now the truck of choice in my house.

Please don't repeat my mistake!
By SherryFM on 02/06/07 04:13 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Please read this. You don't deserve to endure what I've endured over 1.5 years. I've had the entire fuel assembly replaced; the entire air compressor suspension replaced; the air bag assembly replaced; the radio (twice) and the inside of the rear tires are bald while the outside are in fine shape, due to a major suspension design flaw. It now lives in the garage until my lease is up (I rent cars to travel for my job.)

A Car with a Feel Good Factor
By GuyC on 01/08/07 11:37 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

On a whim went for a test drive & I have to say the ride surprised me. I came away wanting to buy the car but needed to do some ‘web’ research. I found so many negative reviews, the fuel economy & bad reliability that I rang the dealer & declined the deal we had discussed. A couple of days later I felt the pain of ‘non buyers remorse’ I dug deeper & found the fuel economy is really no different to any other SUV of this size and capability. I went back, got the car, The fuel economy on commute is ~16mpg. When I drive, it feels like I should take a picnic to a polo game. This is without a doubt a car that makes you feel good and well worth the time to investigate properly.

This is a REAL 4X4.
By Stillwaters on 12/10/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The LR3 is a true 4X4 off road vehicle. Everything else is just a station wagon! I don't know where to begin. The ride on road is smooth, stable, and quiet. Off road, this thing is a "Mountain goat!" Couldn't get it stuck (I tried). The build quality is fantastic, tight, sound and poised; simple, yet elegant. If you have been thinking of buying the Lexus, Acura, or Mercedes, do yourself a huge favor and test drive the LR3. Those other cars are just station wagons is disguise (and boring to look at). The LR3 has personality, and rugged profile, and a cast iron constitution. It will take you anywhere you want to go and then carry you home safe (with a huge smile on your face)...

LR3 owner review
By SF Dude on 11/27/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SE V6 LR3. My wife and I got rid of two cars and are sharing this truck. She wanted to be high up, I like camping, we both wanted safety. This is our pleasure cruiser and grocery getter. What a wonderful truck. We are so happy every time we step out in it. Yes, it's a pig at the pump but I have been offroading twice in it and it's better than I could have imagined. I love the Jag v6 engine, the Volvo safety items and am glad Ford owns it. This car comes with a 4 yr 50k warranty and free scheduled maint. This beat out the Cayenne, Touareg, A3 Wagon, Jeep Unlimited, Subaru WRX wagon & more.

Great SUV!!
By Mike C on 11/21/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Ok folks, this SUV is a must have. I sold my BMW X5 to purchase the LR3; the LR3 stands alone in the luxury category. The 3rd row seating is comfortable and the stadium seating keeps all in the conversation. It is a joy to drive and have taken off road..what a rush. I have had no problems with reliability or quality and the Red Nolan dealership in Colorado Springs know the true meaning of customer service. GO BUY ONE TODAY!!!

Love it
By Andrew on 10/30/06 00:15 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle and almost immediately drove across North America and it was absolutely flawless. My wife loves this vehicle and my children appreciate the stadium seats. I like the fact that my family ride in safety and style.

The best by far
By AlexRomero on 09/26/06 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Nothing beats a Rover to get me to the slopes and up my hill in Catskill in the winter. Great vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.