2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth on 07/02/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

Happy New LR3 Owner
By Inland Northwest Fun on 02/18/08 17:03 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my LR3 and am really glad I did. About 2 weeks after I bought it, we got 23 inches of snow in three days. My LR3 handled the weather incredibly well, while other SUV's were stuck on the side of the road.

You only live once, buy yourself an LR3!
By Chris on 07/09/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car/truck. It has all of the creature comforts one could want, but the designers haven't forgotten what a Land Rover is supposed to be about. It is great for towing, slogging through a blizzard, and 4- wheeling in the national forest. It handles great, has a great sound- system, and ummm ummm, those heated seats in the front and back are great in Wisconsin winters.

Do not buy this unreliable piece of junk
By House on 06/05/07 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 1 1/2 years and I'm counting down the days to turn it in. Thank god I only got a 2 year lease. I had to put all new tires at 16,000 miles. Every time it rains my wife gets soaked with water pouring in from the overhead lamps. It's been in the shop about 6 times in the last 18 months for various flaws. One day we were on a family trip in the winter and the LR3 simply shut down in the middle of the road.

Awesome SUV!!!
By David on 02/06/07 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really fun truck to drive. We also own a Landcruiser and was actually looking to buy a smaller SUV like ML350 or X5, when we stumbled on this....Wonderful truck..This is now the truck of choice in my house.

Please don't repeat my mistake!
By SherryFM on 02/06/07 04:13 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Please read this. You don't deserve to endure what I've endured over 1.5 years. I've had the entire fuel assembly replaced; the entire air compressor suspension replaced; the air bag assembly replaced; the radio (twice) and the inside of the rear tires are bald while the outside are in fine shape, due to a major suspension design flaw. It now lives in the garage until my lease is up (I rent cars to travel for my job.)

This is a REAL 4X4.
By Stillwaters on 12/10/06 12:43 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The LR3 is a true 4X4 off road vehicle. Everything else is just a station wagon! I don't know where to begin. The ride on road is smooth, stable, and quiet. Off road, this thing is a "Mountain goat!" Couldn't get it stuck (I tried). The build quality is fantastic, tight, sound and poised; simple, yet elegant. If you have been thinking of buying the Lexus, Acura, or Mercedes, do yourself a huge favor and test drive the LR3. Those other cars are just station wagons is disguise (and boring to look at). The LR3 has personality, and rugged profile, and a cast iron constitution. It will take you anywhere you want to go and then carry you home safe (with a huge smile on your face)...

LR3 owner review
By SF Dude on 11/27/06 15:41 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great SE V6 LR3. My wife and I got rid of two cars and are sharing this truck. She wanted to be high up, I like camping, we both wanted safety. This is our pleasure cruiser and grocery getter. What a wonderful truck. We are so happy every time we step out in it. Yes, it's a pig at the pump but I have been offroading twice in it and it's better than I could have imagined. I love the Jag v6 engine, the Volvo safety items and am glad Ford owns it. This car comes with a 4 yr 50k warranty and free scheduled maint. This beat out the Cayenne, Touareg, A3 Wagon, Jeep Unlimited, Subaru WRX wagon & more.

Good Ride
By Fast Eddie on 07/28/06 02:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I own a new LR3 and enjoy the ride qualities of this SUV, very smooth and quiet. On the freeway it seems a bit sluggish but once up to speed it really holds it's own and again the ride is very smooth. I have had some issues with the check engine light coming on and off, make sure you screw the gas cap on snuggly the MILS system is very sensitive and this will cause the engine light to come on. One thing to be leery of is the vehicle only takes super unleaded (91 octane) that is a huge chuck out of your wallet with the price of fuel, the dealer will not tell you this. Overall I do enjoy driving and owning the LR3.

Range Rover Luxury for lower price
By Dominican LR3 Owner on 07/08/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This Baby has nothing to envy the Range Rover, comfortable, fun to drive, driving in Semi Automatic Tranny is amazing, i love this vehicle, Bad: Fuel consumption for a V6 is kind of high but, the person who buys a vehicle oof this caliber knows they must spend money on fuel, if you are looking for a "Fuel Efficient" vehicle buy a Toyota Rav4 and take it offroad, Quality people, British Quality, the best offroading vehicle out right now, BUY IT NOW!!!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.