2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
top 4X4
By cbloomers on 05/09/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a range rover a couple years back and loved it, then brought a new Escalade 2008 it was fun for a while but then bad build quality showed through. Sold it for the LR3 and realized what I had been missing. Next car will be a range rover or LR4. Sorry to hear some people have had problems but these are the best off roaders you can get.

The standard in 7 seater luxury SUV's
By hidlebac on 08/17/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It is solid, heavy, and safe. I feel comfortable when wife is driving it with our daughter. It is a solid car, with a slick, ergonomic cockpit. Lots of buttons but they are very thoughtfully placed. The Nav is great. I would recommend a nav update DVD from Navteq for people who still have the original software. It makes things alot better.

headrests
By shawn moore on 06/12/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Land Rover, they are just not the same anymore. The headrests are so poorly positioned that I am spending a fortune on neck pain!!! Land Rover North America is not doing anything for me!! Tires, had to be replaced at 13,000 miles. LR3 broke down for no reason and they still don't know why. It is not a safe or comfortable vehicle. Buy a toyota, at least they hold some value!

LR3 Review
By Darley on 04/27/09 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is driven mostly as a family shuttle and grocery getter. But there's the occasional roadtrip up and down the east coast, when I really make use of the 300HP and command feature. This truck comes alive at high speeds and the ride feel solid, but luxurious. Poor on gas, but what do you expect from a 3 ton truck. I suggest replace the air filter with a K & N for better fuel mileage and performance. I really enjoy the LR3's blend of the utilitarian look with the luxury amenities. If you're in the market for a purposeful luxury truck, the LR3 is the quentatiential vehicle for you. It doesn't scream poseur, ostentatious, or what’s the point like many competitors.

Good but quirky
By RJD on 01/24/09 23:51 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

As the other reviewers said, it is solid, heavy, and safe. I feel comfortable when wife is driving it with our daughter. But for the money, there are so many quirky things that go wrong, the tire pressure guage is faulty, had an issue with brakes, the issue with water coming in the car from the sunroof, etc. It is a solid car, but Costco is the only jungle I'm headed to. Too many off road features and not enough attention directed to designing a slick, ergonomic cockpit. Way too many buttons, and the nav totally stinks. A paper map is more useful. My Acura TL has a nav that blows this away. I'll be turning my lease in in 2 months and not getting another.

So far great Land Rover
By LR3 on 10/09/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Second Land Rover that I have owned. First was a Disco III that I loved but also hated for the reliability. So far the LR3 has been great. No issues. The LR3 is the most comfortable car I have ever driven. I have done multiple long road trips and multiple off road trips. The only drawback to the car in my opinion is the fuel, but what can you do about that with a V8. I have also done moderate towing (other cars on trailers and boats) and the LR3 handles it well. It's only 2 yrs old so we will see how it holds up in the long run.

Eats tires - Beware
By faganravens on 10/02/08 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this vehicle in April 06 and will turn it in early. It is a capable and comfortable SUV, but it eats rear tires. LR does not tell you about the TSB on its tires until after you chew through your first set at about 15K. I am on the second set of $1000 tires and they are going bald in the back at 34K. The vehicle is too expense to replace tires every year. Not isolated, see class action lawsuit against LR.

42,000 Miles Later
By Steve Schneider on 08/12/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought two LR3 HSE's in 12/06. I can't remember owning a car that I've enjoyed as much. Never spent a nickel on service. There's been 2 or 3 items to deal with during the 42K miles, but the dealers have taken excellent care the entire time. I have clients that all drive high end cars and just can't stop raving about the LR3's. 5 stars!

Good Vehicle
By Wonderful Vehicle on 05/05/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It's a good vehicle we drive it up and down the east coast and can get 20.4 MPG. It's also nice with the over-the-head DVD player which makes the rides better. I like all of the features on the SUV. It's a very smooth ride.

My first Land Rover changed my life !
By DAISY GAMBLE on 04/14/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A Pleasure to DRIVE...6 Flags for FUN My first Land Rover...I am now into the Land Rover Lifestyle. Joined a Land rover club in California and Now I can go ANYWHERE in My Lr3 HSE! Other Drivers in Other Cars Take Notice of a Land Rover. Other luxury SUVs are boring! I still need to read the entire owner's manual. So many fab features. Yep, I miss my Xterra involved in a crash once in a while... But my Land Rover makes me get over it fast ! Recommend this SUV ! Carries two great danes in style !

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.