Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 Base SUV Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

If it is good enough for the Queen of England....
By William Chaney

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Check to see if the air suspension pump has ever been replaced. The pump alone with installation and software will put you back $1500 - $2000. I have owned my LR3 for 6 years and its awesome. This is a very solid truck that can handle any obstacle in its way. If it can't go over the hill, it will flatten it. Great cargo room and the best family car hands down. Opt for the HSE. The stereo, climate controls, fridge, heated front windshield, 3rd row..... worth every penny. I would buy another in a heat beat.

Bought for the third row
By Dave P.

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this primarily for the usable third row. At the time no other vehicle had one like it. We were moving to an area where a vehicle able to haul 7 adults comfortably in any weather or terrain was useful.
Other than that I feel the vehicle was overpriced, definitely unreliable until it had been in the shop for four months fixing everything wrong with it from the factory. Luckily that was under warranty, after warranty is gone you can bet on dropping a couple grand a year easy on maintenance if not more. Break jobs which it needs frequently because the damn thing is so heavy are very expensive if your not mechanically inclined enough to do your self which I am not.
Overall it was an overpriced tank I put around my family to keep them safe, it did that but I would never buy another one. There are too many lower priced and more reliable alternatives available today.

I've owned 60+ vehicles, this one's my favorite!
By Kevin Pratt

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a luxury special purpose vehicle and I have assumed that Good Maintenance is a necessity. I suppose Repairs can be expensive but contrary to what I had heard, the durability and dependability of this vehicle has been amazing and I have a fully optioned HSE. Only normal maintenance has been necessary. I was a Jeep Lover and this is the evolution of off-road prowess and luxury in one package. Low center of gravity due to the aluminum body which is tough as nails, despite appearing top heavy it is not. The capability of the LR3 is awesome. Everything inside is well thought out without compromise. It turns heads everywhere I go. I have had 100k+ Porshe's that didn't have the social panache and fun factor of the LandRover at half the price. Nicest daily driver I've ever had. Looks, drives and feels like it did when new inside and out and after 10-years of motoring fun I still love this vehicle. The LandRover attracts admiration without the sneers I use to get in the Porsche. Until Rolls Royce and Hummer collaborate on an SUV, I can't imagine driving anything else.

Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

Three usable rows and massive cargo capability in a vehicle that is only 190"x176". Good handling, high-speed stability, and braking. Exterior/Interior are very durable. I drove through high bush and never had a scratch or door ding;mainly due to the side steps,brush guard,height ctrl, body plastic

Give us the V6 or V8 diesel. Damping control. Dynamic Response. Lumbar controls in lower models. No sunroof option. Alignment issues. Brake wear issues and replacement costs, though dealers love this....

Happy New LR3 Owner
By Inland Northwest Fun

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my LR3 and am really glad I did. About 2 weeks after I bought it, we got 23 inches of snow in three days. My LR3 handled the weather incredibly well, while other SUV's were stuck on the side of the road.

My favorite feature is the terrain response system. With the turn of the knob, I'm able to take my LR3 anywhere.

Only improvement is the gas mileage.