Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

Three usable rows and massive cargo capability in a vehicle that is only 190"x176". Good handling, high-speed stability, and braking. Exterior/Interior are very durable. I drove through high bush and never had a scratch or door ding;mainly due to the side steps,brush guard,height ctrl, body plastic

Give us the V6 or V8 diesel. Damping control. Dynamic Response. Lumbar controls in lower models. No sunroof option. Alignment issues. Brake wear issues and replacement costs, though dealers love this....

Happy New LR3 Owner
By Inland Northwest Fun

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my LR3 and am really glad I did. About 2 weeks after I bought it, we got 23 inches of snow in three days. My LR3 handled the weather incredibly well, while other SUV's were stuck on the side of the road.

My favorite feature is the terrain response system. With the turn of the knob, I'm able to take my LR3 anywhere.

Only improvement is the gas mileage.

You only live once, buy yourself an LR3!
By Chris

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car/truck. It has all of the creature comforts one could want, but the designers haven't forgotten what a Land Rover is supposed to be about. It is great for towing, slogging through a blizzard, and 4- wheeling in the national forest. It handles great, has a great sound- system, and ummm ummm, those heated seats in the front and back are great in Wisconsin winters.

Looks, handling, and comfort!

The bane of any SUV...mileage. I barely have it broken in, but my mileage has improved markedly. I recently took a 160 mile drive on secondary roads and averaged just under 22mpg and if a cop my not see this I might even confess to driving 75mph. I just hope it gets better.

Do not buy this unreliable piece of junk
By House

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 1 1/2 years and I'm counting down the days to turn it in. Thank god I only got a 2 year lease. I had to put all new tires at 16,000 miles. Every time it rains my wife gets soaked with water pouring in from the overhead lamps. It's been in the shop about 6 times in the last 18 months for various flaws. One day we were on a family trip in the winter and the LR3 simply shut down in the middle of the road.

Looks good. Very roomy with kids and dog

Reduce the price tag to $20,000 or build a new vehicle.

Awesome SUV!!!
By David

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a really fun truck to drive. We also own a Landcruiser and was actually looking to buy a smaller SUV like ML350 or X5, when we stumbled on this....Wonderful truck..This is now the truck of choice in my house.

The Stereo;fun to drive; attention grabber

Suspension is a little too stiff; too much plastic on interior