2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
An honest real review
By joea01 on 03/24/14 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Here is a 3 month review -- First off I can't express how Important it is to HAVE THE CAR LOOKED AT BY A THIRD PARTY. If you buy one and its priced at or above the blue book value (which is fairly spot on) you give yourself no wiggle room if something goes wrong...and typically people don't keep great records and things WILL go wrong about every 4-5 yrs (amk pump). I knew this going in and this is typical car breakdown -- I spent $2700.00 the first week-> belts, out/in tire rod (100 each), control bushings (300) , alignment (80),amk suspension (800), bolts and clamps, air filter, computer reprogramming (6 comps), tpms sensors, ball joints, oil/lube/filter. Gas mileage 10 city/15 highway.

Best SUV ever!
By Cathy on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I leased my LR3 for two years, then when the lease came do I could not think to give it back! IT WAS MY BABY! So I moved forward and purchased it and I could not be happier! My car has 60,000 miles on it now, I did in fact have an issue with the sunroof, and it was fixed about a year ago, it took a little bit but they did get it! I only care about the performance and the fact that my car runs like its brand new! In swear by my LR3, and think that sometimes we all run into a lemon as I did with one of the five Grand Cherokee's I leased. I would never buy a Chrysler at 30,000 your car starts to fall apart. LR3 are solid, and I am very happy, will keep it forever! BEST TRUCK OUT THERE!

Excellent car that will be missed
By LandRoverWA on 08/22/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new and kept for 4 years and 52,000 miles. No reliability issues, got between 17-20 mpg depending on how loaded the car was. The flat load floor with all rows of seats folded is excellent. Decent navigation system and excellent off-road capabilities. No regrets. I have no idea why CR rates this car so poorly, it was 20x more reliable and better than our 02 Disco II.

Very good experience with LR3
By Patrick on 07/20/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven an LR3 since May of 2006. The vehicle is excellent as both an off road vehicle and an on road luxury car/truck. I have taken it on long trips (San Diego to Yellowstone etc) and it was a joy to drive. I have been off road with in and in bad weather and messy muddy roads, and it performed flawlessly. The SE7 can fit 7 comfortably. The options work well and the window space provides great views and visibility. The footprint is not so large like a Tahoe etc so its easier to park and maneuver. I strongly recommend this vehicle, and while premium priced, is worth it for long hauls, off road, or a night on the town and taking out clients. Best car I have ever owned.

Leaking Sunroof
By Jake on 03/08/10 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have always loved the LR3 and have owned a Range Rover several years ago. I decided to trade my Mercedes for this 2006 LR3SE V8. I only wish I had my Mercedes back. This vehicle has been nothing but a headache. It has been in the shop multiple times for a leaking sunroof and STILL the problem persists. The last time they replace the entire sunroof but it still leaks inside the dome light, right and left posts beside the windshield. Water comes out of the "airbag" plug on the sides! It has been a nightmare and Land Rover will do nothing to make this right. I intend to pursue Lemon Law and hopefully get rid of this poor quality vehicle. I will never buy another.

Disco III?
By autopower on 03/26/09 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This LR3 was a loaner in great condition. Was looking for a Disco II but could not find one in the condition I wanted. The driving position is great. The Xenon headlamps are wonderful. I can attest to the outstanding off-road capability of the LR3 [thank you Land Rover Driving Experience]. I now have over 20000 miles on it, and no problems. I average about 17.5 mpg in mixed driving. The 3rd row is more tolerable for adults on short trips than my previous Acura MDX. I usually have the 3rd row folded flat with a mat over it for cargo duty. It does it all.

Considering a Land Rover?
By beavers52 on 02/21/09 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I would encourage anyone considering the purchase of a new Land Rover to do your research - review customer comments, check JD Powers ratings, etc. I wish I had done so. Unfortunately, I purchased a new LR3. Nothing but problems with the vehicle - cheap interior parts - electrical problems - frequent mechanical issues. I would encourage anyone considering a purchase of a LR to think twice before doing so - there has got to me more to a car than "good looks".

Purpose built
By bgsntth on 02/12/08 11:11 AM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Have 10K on our LR3, and in that time it has seen duty on/off-road, snow, soccer mom stuff, and as a surf vehicle. The third-row seat is amazing for its room and comfort. The rear cargo area is like an enclosed pick-up. The ride is smooth and rarely bottoms- out, though the handling is somewhat ponderous and could benefit from the Dynamic Response System in the RRS. Off- road it is, of course, amazing. I took 6 people on an off-road tour, which included a 30 degree slope ascent over loose dirt. We use the air suspension daily for loading, extra suspension travel over speed bumps, and warding off door dings in combination with the side-steps. It is ungainly in appearance, but ungodly practical.

Happy With LR3
By Patrick on 01/07/08 17:41 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have over 30,000 miles on my LR3 and have been very happy with the vehicle. Have gone off road and on road, and its been near perfect

Great SUV
By DriverLR3 on 10/18/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent SUV overall. No problems other than regular maintenance. Maybe a bit underpowered but overall we are very happy with it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.