2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
An honest real review
By joea01 on 03/24/14 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Here is a 3 month review -- First off I can't express how Important it is to HAVE THE CAR LOOKED AT BY A THIRD PARTY. If you buy one and its priced at or above the blue book value (which is fairly spot on) you give yourself no wiggle room if something goes wrong...and typically people don't keep great records and things WILL go wrong about every 4-5 yrs (amk pump). I knew this going in and this is typical car breakdown -- I spent $2700.00 the first week-> belts, out/in tire rod (100 each), control bushings (300) , alignment (80),amk suspension (800), bolts and clamps, air filter, computer reprogramming (6 comps), tpms sensors, ball joints, oil/lube/filter. Gas mileage 10 city/15 highway.

Best SUV ever!
By Cathy on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I leased my LR3 for two years, then when the lease came do I could not think to give it back! IT WAS MY BABY! So I moved forward and purchased it and I could not be happier! My car has 60,000 miles on it now, I did in fact have an issue with the sunroof, and it was fixed about a year ago, it took a little bit but they did get it! I only care about the performance and the fact that my car runs like its brand new! In swear by my LR3, and think that sometimes we all run into a lemon as I did with one of the five Grand Cherokee's I leased. I would never buy a Chrysler at 30,000 your car starts to fall apart. LR3 are solid, and I am very happy, will keep it forever! BEST TRUCK OUT THERE!

Excellent car that will be missed
By LandRoverWA on 08/22/10 12:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased new and kept for 4 years and 52,000 miles. No reliability issues, got between 17-20 mpg depending on how loaded the car was. The flat load floor with all rows of seats folded is excellent. Decent navigation system and excellent off-road capabilities. No regrets. I have no idea why CR rates this car so poorly, it was 20x more reliable and better than our 02 Disco II.

Very good experience with LR3
By Patrick on 07/20/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven an LR3 since May of 2006. The vehicle is excellent as both an off road vehicle and an on road luxury car/truck. I have taken it on long trips (San Diego to Yellowstone etc) and it was a joy to drive. I have been off road with in and in bad weather and messy muddy roads, and it performed flawlessly. The SE7 can fit 7 comfortably. The options work well and the window space provides great views and visibility. The footprint is not so large like a Tahoe etc so its easier to park and maneuver. I strongly recommend this vehicle, and while premium priced, is worth it for long hauls, off road, or a night on the town and taking out clients. Best car I have ever owned.

top 4X4
By cbloomers on 05/09/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a range rover a couple years back and loved it, then brought a new Escalade 2008 it was fun for a while but then bad build quality showed through. Sold it for the LR3 and realized what I had been missing. Next car will be a range rover or LR4. Sorry to hear some people have had problems but these are the best off roaders you can get.

Leaking Sunroof
By Jake on 03/08/10 15:03 PM (PST)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have always loved the LR3 and have owned a Range Rover several years ago. I decided to trade my Mercedes for this 2006 LR3SE V8. I only wish I had my Mercedes back. This vehicle has been nothing but a headache. It has been in the shop multiple times for a leaking sunroof and STILL the problem persists. The last time they replace the entire sunroof but it still leaks inside the dome light, right and left posts beside the windshield. Water comes out of the "airbag" plug on the sides! It has been a nightmare and Land Rover will do nothing to make this right. I intend to pursue Lemon Law and hopefully get rid of this poor quality vehicle. I will never buy another.

The standard in 7 seater luxury SUV's
By hidlebac on 08/17/09 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It is solid, heavy, and safe. I feel comfortable when wife is driving it with our daughter. It is a solid car, with a slick, ergonomic cockpit. Lots of buttons but they are very thoughtfully placed. The Nav is great. I would recommend a nav update DVD from Navteq for people who still have the original software. It makes things alot better.

Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth on 07/02/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

headrests
By shawn moore on 06/12/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Land Rover, they are just not the same anymore. The headrests are so poorly positioned that I am spending a fortune on neck pain!!! Land Rover North America is not doing anything for me!! Tires, had to be replaced at 13,000 miles. LR3 broke down for no reason and they still don't know why. It is not a safe or comfortable vehicle. Buy a toyota, at least they hold some value!

LR3 Review
By Darley on 04/27/09 07:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is driven mostly as a family shuttle and grocery getter. But there's the occasional roadtrip up and down the east coast, when I really make use of the 300HP and command feature. This truck comes alive at high speeds and the ride feel solid, but luxurious. Poor on gas, but what do you expect from a 3 ton truck. I suggest replace the air filter with a K & N for better fuel mileage and performance. I really enjoy the LR3's blend of the utilitarian look with the luxury amenities. If you're in the market for a purposeful luxury truck, the LR3 is the quentatiential vehicle for you. It doesn't scream poseur, ostentatious, or what’s the point like many competitors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.