2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: Would love it more without pro

2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

Would love it more without problems
By Mtnplay on

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought one of the first LR3's. I love the vehicle, but I have had many problems. An undiagnosed HDC failure, and air compressor went out at 58,000 miles, rocker panels fell off in the car wash, now I have a yellow engine light on. They want $1000 to fix the HDC problem, and $1000 to fix the air compressor. I am replacing the battery this week to see if that resolves the engine light problem. I absolutely love this vehicle for its looks, comfort,engine, and ability, however it could be built so much better. Would love to buy another one, but the dealer and Land Rover should have treated me better. I now have 102,000 miles on the LR3, and I plan to drive it until it dies.

Looks, engine, off road prowess

padding on the door armrests, better mileage, better build quality, better response by land rover to address and admit issues out of warranty. If they want return customers, then treat us like return customers. Next car is probably a Subaru.