2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: Things to Look For in a Used L

2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

Things to Look For in a Used LR3
By OoltewahLR3 on

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this LR3 in 2008 when gas prices skyrocketed, and everyone was dumping their SUVs for better fuel economy. I bought a 2005 LR3 V8 with 30k miles for $20k with a full bumper to bumper warranty. Once I took it off- road with the dealership mechanics, I fell in love with it. I don't care that the sunroof leaks - at least not that much. If you buy one, make sure to buy it during a rain storm and drive it aggressively. That's when you'll notice a leak problem if there is one. Also - look for signs of leakage below the VIN number plate. There is a piece of paper below it (likely from the factory). If it is discolored, it is probably from one of those crummy sunroof drains.

Adjustable suspension and terrain programs. I am staying at the Biltmore this summer to take the off-road course. My wife calls it our Armageddon SUV. My 3 year old called it "Supercar" on an off-roading outing.

Fix the water leaks from above. It doesn't leak during crossing 3-foot streams, so why should it leak from the roof during rain?