2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: The good, the bad, and not so

2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

The good, the bad, and not so ugly.
By kwon303 on

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this 05' model in 07' with about 19000 miles. It now has about 65,000 and I have to say overall I have been very fortunate. I've heard lots of things about reliability and to be honest and here my experience, tranny is starting to jerk a little when I slow down and speed up so I'm a little concerned but I bought the 6 year 75,000 mile warranty so we'll see whats up. I had to get the rear tailgate fixed...NOT CHEAP..latch broke and would not open. Also sunroof leaks out of overhead dome light... not covered under warranty. BUT this thing rides like its on a cloud, and handles anything off road and looks are timeless. Overall I think I got one of the decent rovers and keeping it.

Favorite Features

Feels like you're riding on air. Love it when I drive it in the snow or on the RARE occasion on rough terrain. Exterior design....it's a born classic....interior design..luxurious..and yes, I've heard everybody say the controls are a pain....but really after a while its not a big deal.

Suggested Improvements

LOTS of random rattling noises in the car that will never be discovered. Leaky front dome light after it rains due to clogged drain in sunroof......(yeah what the heck is that huh)