Still holding on to my LR3
By gr8song on
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
In 2007, bought my 2005 LR3 used at about 45,000 miles and also bought very expensive extended warranty from Fidelity due to its bad reputation of reliability. Ending up never needed the extended warranty. Never have had any major problems except a few minors like the rear window wiper and brake cable corrosion. The "Check Engine" light occasionally came on and was told by my dealership that I needed new battery more than a year ago. My local Interstate Battery store checked the battery out just fine, and I am still running with it. I did changed 4 brakes with brake rotors twice for the 4 years and 50,000 miles that I have owned it so far for almost $3,000 each time. That's expensive!!!
Favorite Features
Had a lot of 4X4 fun with it due to its best in class off-road capability, and also got a lot of attention because of its unique styling. Still think it is worth for the money because you will pay much more for a Lexus LX470 or Mercedes Benz GL. Also, the LR3 (4.4L V8 with 300hp) still beats both of them in fuel economy and beats LX in horse power. I bought it for the money, 3rd row seating, and style. I believe I bought the right choice and will hold on to it.