2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: Can't find a better vehicle

2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

2005 Land Rover LR3

SE 4dr SUV (4.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Can't find a better vehicle
By jokawood on

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I use to go through vehicles every 2 years or less.
The first thing I look at when getting something new or thinking of getting something new is what compromise will I make when getting this?
I have owned my 2005 LR3 SEV8 since 2007 (when gas prices were high) and so far after 6 years of ownership I have done regular maintenance, changed the bushings in the suspension, thermostat housing, water pump, had all the recalls. You would do to any other vehicle just like an LR3.
But, I have NEVER had this vehicle leave me stranded on road or trail, never had an electrical glitch, or had a major issue.
Best vehicle I have owned and I would have to compromise to get anything else out there.

Feeling of safety in bad weather, ability to go through any terrain, amount of room inside. I can take the entire family, including dogs and luggage, strollers, and bicycles without a feeling of loosing power. GPS systems, heated windscreen, sound of engine when putting the pedal to the metal!

Lack of tire choices because of XL tire requirements; Need for global coolant, not the blue/green stuff.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review