Missed some details....but a great truck
By Bammer on
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I've had my LR3 for four months, having traded in a Range Rover. Overall I'm happy with the car, but there are some ponderous details they overlooked, like you have to hold the wipers away from the window while washing. You need three hands to wash the windows. The lack of front tilt on the seats is ridiculous as has been mentioned before. I've added mud flaps because the wheel wells don't catch anything the tires run through. The black door panels "chalk" in less than a week, turning a whitish hue which no amount of cleaning seems to stop. The radio accessory plug in the rear of the center console???? I carry my iPod in front not in back, so I had to snake a cable to the front.
Favorite Features
Excellent (but controversial) styling really makes a statement. Powerful engine; glass roof; third row seats are great, even for adults. Good sound system.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the wipers, move the radio accessory plug or add one in front. The transmission always wants to lug in higher gears, forcing you to stomp on the pedal to get moving. Mud flaps standard or redesign the wheel wells to catch water, snow etc.. Deeper console cupholders would be great.