Love our LR3
By SJB on
2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
We looked at and drove every 7+ passenger SUV before buying the LR3. Our final choice was between the Lexus GX470 and the LR3. Adults can actually sit in the rear seats of the LR3 and the seats fold completely flat and you wouldn't even know that they are there. When they are upright they have a footwell. I have more room in the back seats of my LR3 than my brother does in his Yukon and I'm pretty sure I could park my LR3 inside of his truck. And that's really where the LR3 stood out for us. I never feel like I'm in a truck. The over the hood visibility is tremendous, the ride, while tight, is smooth and quiet. We often get 20 mpg on the highway... on and on and on, we love the LR3
Favorite Features
I love the air suspension. It drops the car as low as compact SUVs yet will raise it almost half a foot higher in off-road mode. I often use it when trailering my boat, with the remote control rather than cranking up or down to get the trailer at the right height. It also provides a smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like center mounted DVD screens. I would have liked a headrest option from the factory in 2005. The fold down headrests in the 2006 model are also a great impovement. We love the car so much were thinking about a pair of them. The hitch is way over-engineered and should be higher.