I want to love it, but it won't let me..
By Combee1 on
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)
I was so excited to get the new LR3 that I refused to wait for an HSE and bought a fully loaded V8 SE model, w/ navi, off-road, and 7 passenger seating. We have had problems with this vehicle from the start. Among them has been several suspension faults (requiring new air compressors), a bad seal in the exhaust system, leaking sunroof, recalled gas tank, bad sensor for cooling system, rattling speakers, broken lathces on seats and on glove compartment, and excessivlely quick and dangerously uneven tire wear. It often takes several trips to Matheny LR in Jacksonville, FL to fix each problem. Their behavior borders on rude at times, and they certainly do not stand behind their products.
Favorite Features
While the DVD navi is limited and not so user friendly, we have enjoyed having it and have found it the most useful tool on the vehicle. When the Special Programs for off-roading is actually working, it's great. Air suspension is great, again when working. Good ideas, poor execution.
Suggested Improvements
I could write for hours on how disappointing the service has been from both Matheny LR and LRNA. Do yourself a favor and stay away from both (if you want a Jag don't buy from Matheny). We are in the process of trying to get rid of this vehicle and purchasing another Audi. LR....... never again.