I got a Lemon
By Sunridgefarm on
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I have had my LR3 for 8 months and it has already been in the shop for over 50 days. First a bunch of lights went on for no apparent reason, the shop had my car for over a week. Then I took it in for its 7500 mile check and the next day it started to surge forward then the engine would die. That took 3+ weeks to fix (new fuel tank). I got the car back and within 3 hrs. the engine light went on. Another 10 days and a new feul pump, the service manager took it home to test it and the light went back on. Finally got my car back and within 24 hours the check engine light is back on. I have had it and am filing a Lemon Law claim.
Favorite Features
The drive is powerful, smooth and easy. I have towed with it and you don't even know the trailer is behind you. This car really does have a lot of "pep"!
Suggested Improvements
The tow hitch is VERY expensive, awkward and low. When you buy the tow hitch you also must buy a seperate light kit. And it MUST be put in by LR so you cannot go elsewhere to get it. The air conditioning system is sub-par and hard to use. Put memory buttons in for the driver and pass. seat.