Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Make sure you love your dealer
By Tom

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The electronic parking brake system locked up and burnt up the rear brakes. Dealer fixed it all and I had a loaner but it took two trips to get it right. Then developed a interior water leak, again took two trips to fix. Land Rover US customer service has high school girls with an attitude answering the phones, no help. The car is actually tremendous which makes this very sad. Great ride, quite, great stereo, good gas mileage, super style, excellent off road. Everyone that rides in has nothing but compliments for it. Just make sure you love your dealer because it is built in England and they like to drink before they come to work.

Great ride and quite. It is really built solid and a very comfortable road car. Great third roll back seat. Tows very well and the hitch is very cool. Very good seating position and easy access to controls. Cold weather package great with heated windshield.

Train your dealers! Get people at headquarters that know what Customer Service is. Only buy one for the long haul or get a really great price because end of year discounting kills wholesale value do to large excess inventory levels. Remember that as with BMW your dealing with a condescending group

Not Dependable
By Monster

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Land Rover LR3 is a beautiful car. But is not very reliable. In two years we had our car towed three times due to failures with the transmission. But the car is a blast to drive. I have spoken to others and it has run fine--but I think we got a bad seed.

Happy LR3 Owner x2
By texaslr3man

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned my first LR3 for 7 months (7,000 miles) before it was broadsided by a suburban. The car did so well in the crash that I couldn't get the driver's insurance company to total it. The side curtain airbags worked like a champ, and since it will take 3 months to repair it, and I don't want to drive a near totaled car, I bought a 2006 LR3 and plan to sell my old one when it comes back from the body shop. I took a client out last night (CEO of a company), and he couldn't believe how well made the car was. I am thinking of selling my wife's suburban and buying a third onefor her.

Handles great, quiet, smooth, V6 is plenty of juice, aawesome interior, my kids think the car is cool.

Mileage - but when you are driving a tank that handles like a race car- something has to give.

Amazing
By leader1111

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

First Land Rover after dreaming for years. Big change from Discovery. Exceptional in every way. Rides like being on a cloud, but goes anywhere. Passengers/customers love going over obstacles. It seals the deal. It is so smooth that I really have to watch speed as at 100-110 mph I still think I am going 70 mph. Dealer excellent. Mileage 14/18 (for 3 1/2 tons) but tired of hearing people complaining that it doesn't get the same mileage as their previous economy car. Duh! Compare its mileage, capabilities, handling and comfort to the Hummer H1 or Mercedes G55 which have the same capabilities, and it's half the price.

Class act, beautiful styling, incredible ride, super fast, and a hoot to drive.

Goodyear Tires last about 15,000 and cost $1800 plus $280 to align and balance. Even given the weight, we should still be able to get 25000 miles per set, as reasonable. Get Michelin to make this size.

Grate SUV
By Emad

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is the best I ever had, its fun to drive, comfartable and looks nice.

Nav system, ride height, looks

make all windows auto from driver side, add a camera for reversing, add key less entry and starting.