Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Not Dependable
By Monster

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Land Rover LR3 is a beautiful car. But is not very reliable. In two years we had our car towed three times due to failures with the transmission. But the car is a blast to drive. I have spoken to others and it has run fine--but I think we got a bad seed.

Happy LR3 Owner x2
By texaslr3man

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned my first LR3 for 7 months (7,000 miles) before it was broadsided by a suburban. The car did so well in the crash that I couldn't get the driver's insurance company to total it. The side curtain airbags worked like a champ, and since it will take 3 months to repair it, and I don't want to drive a near totaled car, I bought a 2006 LR3 and plan to sell my old one when it comes back from the body shop. I took a client out last night (CEO of a company), and he couldn't believe how well made the car was. I am thinking of selling my wife's suburban and buying a third onefor her.

Handles great, quiet, smooth, V6 is plenty of juice, aawesome interior, my kids think the car is cool.

Mileage - but when you are driving a tank that handles like a race car- something has to give.

Amazing
By leader1111

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

First Land Rover after dreaming for years. Big change from Discovery. Exceptional in every way. Rides like being on a cloud, but goes anywhere. Passengers/customers love going over obstacles. It seals the deal. It is so smooth that I really have to watch speed as at 100-110 mph I still think I am going 70 mph. Dealer excellent. Mileage 14/18 (for 3 1/2 tons) but tired of hearing people complaining that it doesn't get the same mileage as their previous economy car. Duh! Compare its mileage, capabilities, handling and comfort to the Hummer H1 or Mercedes G55 which have the same capabilities, and it's half the price.

Class act, beautiful styling, incredible ride, super fast, and a hoot to drive.

Goodyear Tires last about 15,000 and cost $1800 plus $280 to align and balance. Even given the weight, we should still be able to get 25000 miles per set, as reasonable. Get Michelin to make this size.

Grate SUV
By Emad

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV is the best I ever had, its fun to drive, comfartable and looks nice.

Nav system, ride height, looks

make all windows auto from driver side, add a camera for reversing, add key less entry and starting.

Hot fun in the summertime
By ADM HALSEY

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

So far, this vehicle is all it can be. The steering and brakes are excellent, ditto for overall handling & response at all speeds. The sweet spot for maximum MPG on the highway is around 66-67 mph - I have cruised to the tune of 22.7+ MPG. Just don't drive like a fool around town and you may inch to 16 MPG. Nothing major to take issue with, aside from petty annoyances that were more than answered on the web site - excellent training videos for all aspects of the car. I came to aquire this car through a series of fortunate events, had I paid the full $62,000 I might be singing a different tune. I have driven many vehicles since 1970, now I get it about LR. Nice car if you can afford.

Safety features, over-the-road perfor- mance, visibility, V-8, wipers, exter- ior lighting, seat configuration & leather, entire audio/video system, 2 gloveboxes, nooks & cranies, dash- board configuration, climate control (once mastered). Looks of envy from motorists & neighbors certainly don't hurt.

Better tires, better MPG :), fix voice recognition so it does, avail support personnel upon purchase, make manuals user friendly. Land Rover, N.A. should mandate a course to be attended by all retail personnel: "Human Relations Skills". A thick service line is drawn against non local purchasers.