2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Best SUV in the world!!!
By KROVER on 08/25/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

SUV with character! I cannot describe how rock solid this vehicle feels. Build quality is excellent, feels like it was carved from stone.

Outstanding vehicle
By WELKA on 08/25/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my LR3 for 9 months now and have had not one problem. My dealership held one of its offroad events and you would not believe what these things can do. The biggest thing was after we finished doing some serious offroading, we road home in awesome comfort. Land Rover could not have done a better job of designing an interior space. Everything seems to be perfectly placed.

05 LR3 SE Bonnetti Gray w/ Charcoal
By Vic in Arlington on 08/11/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love to drive this truck. I wish that I had purchased the HSE to get the options. I've had numerous issues with the truck but the dealership strives to make them right.

Just Perfect
By Jeff on 08/07/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After three Mercedes MLs, it was time for a change. The MLs kept getting better (1998, 1999, 2001 models) but were nowhere near as good as the LR3. The LR3 is incredibly solid, with smooth acceleration and a great ride. Interior comfort is excellent and the kids love the third row, which offers easy access. Winter driving in New England was never better, with the LR3 handling snow and ice in a way that can only be described as awesome. Yeah, I like the LR3 a lot.

I got a Lemon
By Sunridgefarm on 08/04/05 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my LR3 for 8 months and it has already been in the shop for over 50 days. First a bunch of lights went on for no apparent reason, the shop had my car for over a week. Then I took it in for its 7500 mile check and the next day it started to surge forward then the engine would die. That took 3+ weeks to fix (new fuel tank). I got the car back and within 3 hrs. the engine light went on. Another 10 days and a new feul pump, the service manager took it home to test it and the light went back on. Finally got my car back and within 24 hours the check engine light is back on. I have had it and am filing a Lemon Law claim.

LR3 HSE7
By KandG on 08/04/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We cross shopped the BMW X5 4.8is, X5 3.0 (0nly one with a manual) and Volvo XC90 V8. LR3 won out over others for features at price point and legendary capability of the marque. So far so good. Mileage has been better than average (approx 19.7mpg) LR3 is very stable at triple digit speeds on the autobahn. Utility, versatility and ergonomics are great. Steering feel is perfect and not overboosted like the Volvo. Only wishes really are for a manual tranny, cloth seats/rubber mats (leather is too much to upkeep) and Tdi options stateside. Navigation could have better input control such as a column stalk/selector. Touch screens tend to get tedious. Voice Command is really unnecessary.

Missed some details....but a great truck
By Bammer on 07/29/05 20:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my LR3 for four months, having traded in a Range Rover. Overall I'm happy with the car, but there are some ponderous details they overlooked, like you have to hold the wipers away from the window while washing. You need three hands to wash the windows. The lack of front tilt on the seats is ridiculous as has been mentioned before. I've added mud flaps because the wheel wells don't catch anything the tires run through. The black door panels "chalk" in less than a week, turning a whitish hue which no amount of cleaning seems to stop. The radio accessory plug in the rear of the center console???? I carry my iPod in front not in back, so I had to snake a cable to the front.

Fun to Drive - - - When Not In the Shop
By Colt45 on 07/27/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My LR3 has spent more time on the road than on the road - - 3 weeks so far. (With 2 weeks parked while on vacation, and 2 weeks actual driving it.) - - There was paint peeling from the front bumper and the nav system isn't working properly. My local dealer has been excellent. I'm hoping LR will figure out what's wrong. I enjoy driving the LR3 during those times I've had it on the road. Sigh, maybe it'll be out of the shop by next week - - Week 4.

Just bought
By K and G on 07/22/05 07:43 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Picked it up Wednesday. QC issues apparent still. Moonroof wouldn't open (solenoid, relay, switch, fuse?) Ding over gas tank. Orange Peel. For $50K should be better esp. upon initial delivery. I realize it's a LR which will be taken into the wilds but dings are acceptable new only on a Defender. Drives comfortably but not sure if i'm confident enough to take it up to Bimmer speeds on A3 autobahn. Still too new to review accurately. Cross shopped with X5, XC90. Nav system is intuitive but i've found systems such as the Portable Hertz "neverlost", easier. Location of CD Nav player is ridiculous. Not too concerned over the Logic 7; which carmaker really knows audio? Best in Class room.

The most astounding SUV built
By Kelly on 07/20/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a most wonderful vehicle. Not only is it a automatic, its got 6 speeds you can change while driving on the highway. This is by far the best landrover for your money and excellent for the family. One model includes baby seat holders already in the car so you can just flip the seat up, and sit in the baby carrier. Wonderful!! I am so pleased with my LR3!!