2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
so far, so great!
By jsldds on 04/19/06 20:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 has been perfect to date. Gas prices are hurting a bit but I live close to work. I have taken trips to Las Vegas and Mammoth from southern California. It drives like a champ on the highway and the snow. Very comfortable. I get 17+ mpg on long trips, 13 in the city. It feels like it was carved out of stone. Very comfortable. I have found the seats to be comfortable. Maybe my body type just fits. I see others have had trouble with the headrest position. I did not get the bluetooth, my only regret. I have the 5 seater and to date have not missed having the third row. Some say acceleration is slow. I've found using sport mode helps. If you want a hotrod SUV, go to the Cherokee SRT.

Love it so far...
By Janet & Dave on 04/03/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

We have been a long time Jeep family (owned 4) and were looking at the Commander. For the same price we were able to get a 2005 new LR3 - no comparison! The ride is amazing, the level of service from the dealership second to none, and the third row is extremely comfortable. I am 6'2, 240 and have ridden in the 3rd row - I can't do that in any other SUV in this class. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a comfortable, luxurious vehicle, whether an SUV or not.

Gotta Like It
By rs1 on 03/24/06 18:06 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Since I bought this vehicle I have gotten a lot of comments about it. It is awesome to quote my kids. It is a pleasure to drive. The mileage is not great, but is what I expected. Have slowed down a little on the highway in order to maximize mileage. Not a real problem as the seats are comfortable and I enjoy the ride. Average mileage has been 17.5 mpg plus with about 2/3 of miles on highway. Everyone who gets in it likes how airy it feels with the rear moon roofs.

No one comes close
By Rod on 03/02/06 01:02 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful driving experience, out of all my vehicles I’ve owned including other SUV’s this is the best built, ride and handling of all. Makes me just want o get in and go for a ride no destination in mind. Ride comfort is accentuated when you feel as if all your troubles have been left outside the minute you close your door. The sound system is spot on, clear and very relaxing. There is no outside road noise to disrupt your travels, even in traffic jams I feel relaxed, compared to my previous vehicles this is like sitting in a sound proof room. My children love the seating layout and the sound system connect

LR3 Review
By zamer1230 on 02/17/06 02:15 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just switched from a Mercedes 500 to the LR3 and while owning the LR3 may not be the most fun in the summertime... try getting thru a blizzard with it...you'll be passing people as if it were flurrying out! The truck handles well for an SUV, and I have had most. The gas mileage is the only negative quality, but you are towing a great amount of weight daily...Kudos to the LR3!

Awesome Potential....
By Roverdawg on 01/24/06 01:30 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great vehicle......when it's working. I love this car but I've had repetitive problems with the air suspension and some other issues. Unfortunately, despite mult. visits the suspension faults remain. Poor reliability on my particular vehicle (related to early build?. Also had the fuel tank recalled/replaced, susp. compressor replaced, front speakers replaced (rattling), hood release cable replaced (failed), rear distance parking module replaced (failed). And yet, I still would recommend this vehicle IF you buy a 2006/2007 and get the extended warranty. Glad I bought the extended warranty!

lr3hse7
By doctorp on 01/16/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I've only had a suspension fault issue. Everything else has been great. Except the mileage, but whadaya want for 3 tons.

Staying with Land Rover
By Jayk on 01/11/06 23:41 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have newly purchased a LR3 HSE and just love it. Big improvements over the Discovery Series II I owned for 6 years and put 183,000 miles on. I loved that car. It was time for a change. The LR3 is landrover's way of saying we listened. The ride, the interior, the 3rd row seating show vast improvements from the series II. The turning radius is awesome and I trust the cars safety record to protect my family. Looking forward to surpassing the 200,000 mark in this one.

Landrover LR3 HSE
By F. A on 12/28/05 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A remarkable vehicle that sets the benchmark for capable off-roading SUV with refined on-road capabilities. Very ergonomic, has all of the features and more expected from a luxury SUV. If you want plush trim select another SUV e.g. Lexus GX 470. If you want a car with many intuitive features, without sacrificing the need for a "go-anywhere" SUV then the LR3 should be on the top of your test drive list. The V8 is very adaptable and will not leave you wanting more power when you have to get out of the way quickly. The terrain response is really neat and will help you avoid potential accidents. A must in the colder northern US states.

Great vehicle
By mike on 12/16/05 09:33 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love the looks, great ride, outstanding in the snow. Can't beat the 3rd row seats, almost bought the Lexus 470, glad I didn't. Must have better fuel mileage.