2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Review: 21 months of experience - LR3

2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Review

21 months of experience - LR3 for sale
By LR3Dude on

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I knew I was taking a risk. My previous Disco II engine was replaced at 22K miles. I have 14K on the LR3 HSE and no problems the first 6 mo. Then everything broke loose. First was electrical every warning light went off when the LR3 was wet or below freezing, numerous sensors replaced, suspension faults, automatic door locks would open and close setting off the alarm (removed horn fuse), wood dashboard replaced, fuel tank replaced (recall), replaced fuel tank return hose disconnected and gallons of gas poured out on my driveway when I attempted to start the LR3 (my wife and kid had to step in the gas to evacuate), ash tray broke and awaiting parts, etc.

I do like the interior and exterior design and terrain response system. The Logic 7 stereo is great and despite the problems I have, I do a lot of off-roading and the LR3 does great in sand and snow. The rear seats are great. All this features will help me sell my LR3 as quickly as possible.

Improved customer service. Land Rover of North America is useless except for the couple of times I had to have the LR3 towed. They have a lot of experience in that area. I look forward to my relationship with either Audi, MB or Porsche as I get rid of this dangerous vehicle.