Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

The most astounding SUV built
By Kelly

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a most wonderful vehicle. Not only is it a automatic, its got 6 speeds you can change while driving on the highway. This is by far the best landrover for your money and excellent for the family. One model includes baby seat holders already in the car so you can just flip the seat up, and sit in the baby carrier. Wonderful!! I am so pleased with my LR3!!

Everything. I love my heavy duty package

Excellent Truck, did I mention Excellent
By pgf27

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wow is a good word for this truck. I traded my Infinity 2003 loaded QX4 for this, not really wanting to, and I tell you I am so glad I did. This SUV has the engine to back it's size, so it actually moves like the cargo area isn't even full. The creature comforts are there, just keep in mind it is designed to be a TRUE off road vehicle, so some standard features like auto lights are not a part of this car. I've been over several terrain types, and the trucks program selection for off roading made the truck handle things easily (Like curb climbing, etc). The vehicle does use gas like any suv, but I am definately VERY happy and always excited to climb in for a drive!

Well there are two. The truck will lower so some shorties like me can easily get in and out, and enjoy a stable, LEVEL ride (it self levels). And the fact that it boasts a sweet 300 hp 4.4 V8 is very very nice to hauling cargo, or even towing.

Although it is made for off roading, I wish the truck had a little more exciting design for the interior, it's great now, just needs a little pizazz added. And one of the rear two sunroofs should be able to be opened.

LR3 review
By dannyh5173

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Did the LR Experience, a day that you can test your vehicle off-road - even on standard tyres, the LR3 can beat almost anything! Great drive, ultra- quiet engine, air ride, Jaguar engine, Bentley's (ZF) automatic 6-speed transmission, loads of cargo space, ... GREAT!

Engine, cargo space, air ride, ZF 6speed auto, ...

The TDV6 engine (not sold in the States) could be more powerful - it sometimes misses some 'grunt'...

I love this SUV
By PlaneIce

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have drove several SUVs BMW X5, Yukon/Tahoe , Lexus lx470 and 330, but to honest the LR3 was really the most comfortable and the most head turning, it full of all the gadgets you would expect and would like to have it this rang of SUVs, I just love it.

Smooth ride, looks grat, steering , strong breaks, high driver seating position, GPS, electronic starter.

Gas mileage is too low needs improvmant, could do with a bigger fuel tank for longer trips, add Bluetooth and rear view camera to make it the best SUV on the market ever.

An Excellent Ride
By dxholder

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Land Rover has provided an OUTSTANDING vehicle. Being that I am a previous owner of the Land Rover Discover Series, I can say without a doubt that significant improvements have been made in providing me, consumer, with a smoother and quieter ride, easier handling, and over enhancement of interior, as well as the exterior.

My favorite features as I alluded to above are the following: Smoother and quieter ride; easier handling around curves; and an impressive, and elegant interior.

I recommend the following features: a full size spare tire is provided instead of the standard size; the call mats both front and back and rear are provided with purchase price.