2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
STYLE, FUNCTION AND FUNK....
By yogidoc on 12/22/04 18:05 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in 03 Aviator which was functional but boring yet very comfortable like driving on air with big wide full seats Owned 2 previous disco's which i always loved despite freq repairs; was totally psyched about LR3, funky, beastly, cutting edge technology picked up SE blk/blk yesterday which looks great..dealership was great!

One month and loving it!!
By boulders on 12/21/04 11:23 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2001 MDX for this truck and no regrets so far. Great interior design with a commanding view of the road. Nicely weighted steering and fabulous brakes. Quieter and smoother than the MDX by a country mile. It is true what the editors at Motor Trend said, " 90mph does indeed feel like 55mph". I didn't expect the gas mileage to be great given the vehicles mass but a little disappointed at 10.8 -11.4 mpg in city driving. The rear split gate design is a wonderful touch. And the third row is well worth if you have kids. It is superior to the Acura's in terms of comfort. It is a quite different experience driving in sport mode. The truck feels much quicker than posted 0-60 times.

Glad to be in a LR3 - HSE** not X5
By David Cowan on 12/20/04 18:51 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We had the x5 BMW for the past 3 years and this beats everything about the x5. Great driving.

A total package
By JR on 12/18/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the LR3 about three weeks and it has surpassed my expectations. I have gotten a lot of compliments about the styling. My kids like it better than I do. I have not gone off road or in snow, but I can't wait.

lr3 rating
By stephanie elendu on 12/18/04 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

my car (lr3) is fun to dive, she does whatever you want. It's a pleasurable experience to own an LR3, if you own one, then you'll understand what I'm talking about; that's why the LR3 is rated "the SUV of the year" for 2005.

Problems with my LR3. 1,500 miles
By LR3 on 12/14/04 02:14 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great SUV to drive. Turns Head. But lately, there's been some little troubles with mine. 1) Loud rattle sound from rear upper tailgate over any type of bumps from big to very small bumps. 2) Driver's left side mirror won't work at times. 3) Driver's right side mirror - when in reverse the mirror automatically tilts down but when in Drive the mirror does not tilt back to the same position as it was before. 4) Cover for cigarette lighter would not close once opened. I have to push lid around 13 times until the lid would stay closed. 5) Radio: When I turn on the radio, no sound will come on for about 1 minute.

Dealer support
By Anaheim Rover on 12/01/04 13:25 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a LR3 HSE about two weeks ago. So far, my experience has not been too good. I purchased the car on a Monday night, and the dealer said they needed two days to prep the car. I picked it up on Wednesday, and within minutes of driving off, noticed the Navigation System didn't work. So much for thoroughly prepping the car. This couldn't have been missed. It has now been two weeks, the car has been in the shop twice, and I am still waiting for, hopefully, the right part. We'll see. The dealer seems very interested in selling cars, but their customer care / support is terrible

On road off road it's a peach
By MINISNMORRIS on 11/28/04 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The performance of the LR3 is unsurpassed. Having been a past LandRover owner I thought it was just aDiscovery in new clothes. But it truely is completely new. It is heads above any other SUV on the new line up for 2005.The first bweekend we owned it we headed for the hills;my wife ,myself and 5 dogs.The fold down seats were perfect for them(the dogs not my wife,she insisted on sitting up front).My gas mileage was actually better than the ratings claim not much but still higher.The terrain response makes even the casual driver feel at ease in all types of driving.I think Land Rover has hit the nail directly on the head.It runs circlesaround the competition.DRIVE IT you'll LIKE IT.

Best Thing We Have Ever Done
By Jo Jo C on 11/27/04 19:47 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This must be the most advanced Land Rover ever. We use to own a Mk1 Discovery so it was a big step up to the Discovery 3/LR3. Everything is just perfect, so well put together, so fast, and no normal person is buying this car to get good economy

Head To The Top Of The Class!
By Chofgarden on 11/16/04 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Picked up our fully optioned LR3 last week, can't decide whether it's a luxury sport utility or a rock climber- it does both so well. Ride, quiet, refinement, power, ergonomics all superb, features are many and well thought out. Quality seems excellent, no initial problems of any kind. Feels solid as a rock, drives as quiet and smoother than our E320 Mercedes. This car raises the standard way above anything else on the market, even the Range Rover! Well worth the price, in fact a bargain.