2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Transmission Fault
By Eric on 01/10/05 01:26 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

With less than 500 miles on my LR3 a hose to the transmission cooler 'came loose' and left the car stranded on the side of the road.

Wonderful Truck
By Scott Griebel on 01/09/05 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Despite its love it or hate it looks, the truck is very solid and luxurious. It has a more comfortable ride than any car I have driven. Very quiet on the highway.

LR3 HSE rating
By Jane Schlossberg on 01/06/05 13:35 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This car lives up to the Motor Trend SUV of the Year review. It handles beautifully, and is fun to drive. It maneuvers well on all types of surfaces, from gravel to snow to icy conditions. It drives very much like the Range Rover, but for $23,000+ less. I gave up my fully loaded Mercedes ML430 for this, and have no regrets at all. Reliability is not yet known, as it is too new.

Love it so far...
By Amy Peterson on 01/06/05 01:38 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is such a new vehical, the jury is still out, but so far it's terrific. It drives like a luxury car, but it's so nice to sit higher in traffic. It's so high-tech that there are features I know I won't use. The third row seats are roomy and easy to fold. When folded, there is a ton of cargo space. When people are sitting in the 3rd row, there is little cargo space. My kids think the best feature is the 3 sunroofs. Great sound system too and very quiet ride too.

Brass Ring
By Sontob on 01/05/05 23:53 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Already 1000k on car. Bought it three weeks ago. Drove from SF to LA & back with no problems-amazing performance for an SUV. Also, lots of local driving and 2 Tahoe trips in major snow storms. From the silent ergonomic cabin, sturdy vault like build, crisp clear sound system & command style seating to the terrain response, navigation, & air suspension...each drive is an experience. Driving to Tahoe in a major snow storm has never been more fun & stress free. My wife loves the car & has never been more confident driving in bad weather. This is the kind of car that you look forward to driving even if it is to the local market. Have owned several SUV's LR3 by far takes the cake!

2005 LR3
By Michael on 01/05/05 22:38 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Solid and strong new engine with 300hp. Smooth power transition. Well appointed inside, with significant increase in rear seat room from predecessor.

First Land Rover
By dave and patti b on 01/04/05 14:55 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We have a 2003 E Mercedes; the Land Rover rides better. Other considerations: Lexus GX too showy for the beach and surfing .Thought of waiting for the Mercedes 2006 but our E has been in the dealership so often the salespeople don’t even bother me anymore

Check Vehicle Carefully
By Off Roader on 01/02/05 10:09 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

On the plus side, the LR3 provides the off road features of the Range Rover for a lot less. Do not pay premium for HSE, SE with added options a much better bargain. Do a thorough check of the vehicle for manufacturer defects and quality. My car had a tear in the rear seat leather and numerous internal scratches consistent with dropped tools during manufacturing. Rear parking assist didn't work upon delivery. Remember, you are buying a British made vehicle, not German or Japanese, so don't expect the same quality of workmanship. Having said that, as a true off road type SUV it is the best on the market for the cost. I also like the third row seating - much better than comparable SUVs.

My First New Land Rover In 30 Years
By Kendall on 12/31/04 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned at least 1 Land-Rover since 1974 when I bought a new Series III 88. I vowed never to buy another new L-R as a used LR,RR or Rover sedan was,for me,a better value. The high-tech LR3 changed that. This is the best one yet! At this time, it is even more high-tech than the new RR. The interior retains features from the Range Rover Classic that were so popular in the P5 and P6. The heated windscreen was first seen in the '67 6- cyl L-R 109. Computer integration of engine,drivetrain,suspension, etc. is amazing! EAS bags are now protected from the elements. Navigation system is fantastic compared to 98 RR. WELL WORTH THE NEW STICKER PRICE! Best value of all new RR & LR models!!!

Love the LR3
By LR3 Lover on 12/31/04 00:17 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just to be honest, I am happy with my Fully Loaded LR3 HSE w/ brush bar. Here are some experiences I had with my LR3 right from the start to less than 3,500 miles that I would like to share with you (Listed below): 1) The driver’s side door mirror wouldn’t tilt up or down. 2) In Reverse, both side door mirrors will tilt but will not tilt back to normal positions as like before. 3) Loud noises from upper tailgate when going over any size bumps, and when making turns. 4) Sometimes, it’ll take over a minute for the radio to come on, or after I turned off the radio then on again. 5) Suspension Fault. I’ve never driven the LR3 off-road, or even off- curve (people’s most off-road exp)