Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Great Choice
By grendal_fly

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We also shopped the BWM and the Volvo, but in the end we wanted a SUV with lots of interior room that you could actually park in a normal garage. Outside of the poor gas mileage this delivers almost everything you can ask for in the price range.

Great on-road ride for an off road SUV. Interior comfort and space, Split lift gate, The visibility on this SUV is miles above the competition.

Auto Fold mirrors, Power lift gate, One touch window control for passenger.

Best SUV in the world!!!
By KROVER

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

SUV with character! I cannot describe how rock solid this vehicle feels. Build quality is excellent, feels like it was carved from stone.

Smoothness, ride quality

Satellite radio

Outstanding vehicle
By WELKA

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my LR3 for 9 months now and have had not one problem. My dealership held one of its offroad events and you would not believe what these things can do. The biggest thing was after we finished doing some serious offroading, we road home in awesome comfort. Land Rover could not have done a better job of designing an interior space. Everything seems to be perfectly placed.

I have had MB, Jags as well as many other domestic cars and this byfar is the best most comfortable.

The only gripe I have is When I get out of the vehicle and walk around to the other side, the door is always locked. I have to walk back around to the driver's side and unlock the doors from inside if I don't have my key.

05 LR3 SE Bonnetti Gray w/ Charcoal
By Vic in Arlington

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love to drive this truck. I wish that I had purchased the HSE to get the options. I've had numerous issues with the truck but the dealership strives to make them right.

Size, Engine, Exterior Styling

Opening Rear Sunroof, front parking assist, fold in rear-view mirrors.

Just Perfect
By Jeff

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After three Mercedes MLs, it was time for a change. The MLs kept getting better (1998, 1999, 2001 models) but were nowhere near as good as the LR3. The LR3 is incredibly solid, with smooth acceleration and a great ride. Interior comfort is excellent and the kids love the third row, which offers easy access. Winter driving in New England was never better, with the LR3 handling snow and ice in a way that can only be described as awesome. Yeah, I like the LR3 a lot.