2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
best land rover yet
By mrocho on 02/12/05 09:17 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

i have driven a lot of suvs and particularly land rovers. this thing is head and shoulders above. it is the quitest vehicle i have been in and has plenty of power. the 6 speed transmission is very smooth. the 3rd row seat is fantastic and folds flat in the floor. so far so good on reliablility. no problems at all.

LR3 beats my 2003 X5
By Carnut on 02/11/05 23:09 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I turned in my X5 for a new LR3 SE w/ NAvigation in December. This vehicle, in comparison, has a lot more to offer than my BMW did. The ride quality as well as the build quality have been exceptional - Land Rover, as a company, has definitely turned itself around. I have taken the vehicle to mountains in blistering snow and was surprised how well it rode, without ever being worried that I am going to get stuck. I have gotten stuck with my BMW X5 various times up in Mammoth

Excellent
By Gregg on 02/10/05 17:07 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned a 99 and 02 discovery the difference is night and day, but the real measure is my last vehicle the 2003 range rover. I drove the range rover for two years and had zero problems and much admiration from my friends, this car(LR3) is so similar to it in the areas that matter. The differencs are few and far between little things that are mostly cosmetic and do not effect you on a daily basis. Off road driving is actually better, it's quieter, nimbler etc.. I can't recomend this car enough, period!

2005 LR3 SE
By Craig Snyder on 02/07/05 13:59 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased new LR3 this weekend. I think it is an incredible vehicle, very heavy and sure footed. Got a good deal from the dealer, they're starting to move off of the sticker a little now. Traded from a leased 2004 S60 which they bought out for me too!

LR3 First In It's Class
By Sontob on 01/31/05 21:34 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Great overall vehicle. Offers everything one would need in an SUV; practical design, great modern looks, utilitarian interior, and incredible off road ability. Driving experience is very smooth and quiet. Everything that the vehicle offers from the tailgate and navigation to stadium seating and terrian response provides an easy and useful experience. I have driven it in snow, mud, and over rocks with no problems. My wife enjoys locally driving to the market or to work from time to time and I enjoy using it for off roading, snow trips and camping.

LR3 perfect so far
By trm2 on 01/31/05 10:56 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The LR3 is powerful, safe, and spacious for a mid-sized SUV. While the vehicle may turn out less reliable than some competitors, my experience so far has been delightful. In a recent round trip from the Jersey Shore to Buffalo, NY, the vehicle performed exceptionally in both dry weather and driving snow, on ice and through slush. I was able to maintain full control of the vehicle at a reasonable speed even in the worst weather, all the while experiencing the comfort and convenience of the vehicle's interior. The only negatives with this vehicle so far are: the poor fuel economy (expected) and the lack of an 8-way driver's seat, which is inexcusable (esp. since LR promised it).

LR3 the Best of All Worlds...
By JKC on 01/31/05 10:17 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Overall I am very satisfied with my new LR3. It is rides smooth (like a Lexus), quiet (again like a Lexus), and handling is firm (like a BMW) both on and off-road - something most SUVs can claim. There were very minor problems when I picked mine up, but service corrected quickly. However, they should've done it beforehand. Not something you want to deal with when getting a new car. MPG is horrible, but already knew that beforehand. LRs has always been a favorite of mine, but always fell short of me getting one until now. The main reason is reliability. Hopefully, they corrected that or at least working on it. I'll see...

Great Truck, Cross Bar are Whistling
By schwa75 on 01/26/05 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Just picked the truck up on Monday. Put 300 miles on it in two days. Rides great, turns heads. Had the dealer install cross bars for the roof rack. Wind noise is troublesome. Dealer recommended moving the crossbars further back on the roof. Still no improvement in wind noise. Finally pulled them off tonight and the noise is gone. Will keep you all posted.

Perfection
By Melissa on 01/15/05 17:16 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

The ride is smooth and very relaxing, especially on the mountain terrain. The new terrain system is a masterpiece. It's better than the Range Rover.

A true class leader
By David on 01/15/05 10:42 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

A long time GM Yukon Denali owner (two models) and prior to that, a Tahoe owner, I conducted full research and determined that, dollar for dollar, the LR3 is the BEST buy for a luxury SUV on the market today! It has not disappointed.