Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Best SUV in the world!!!
By KROVER

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

SUV with character! I cannot describe how rock solid this vehicle feels. Build quality is excellent, feels like it was carved from stone.

Favorite Features

Smoothness, ride quality

Suggested Improvements

Satellite radio

Outstanding vehicle
By WELKA

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned my LR3 for 9 months now and have had not one problem. My dealership held one of its offroad events and you would not believe what these things can do. The biggest thing was after we finished doing some serious offroading, we road home in awesome comfort. Land Rover could not have done a better job of designing an interior space. Everything seems to be perfectly placed.

Favorite Features

I have had MB, Jags as well as many other domestic cars and this byfar is the best most comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The only gripe I have is When I get out of the vehicle and walk around to the other side, the door is always locked. I have to walk back around to the driver's side and unlock the doors from inside if I don't have my key.

05 LR3 SE Bonnetti Gray w/ Charcoal
By Vic in Arlington

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Love to drive this truck. I wish that I had purchased the HSE to get the options. I've had numerous issues with the truck but the dealership strives to make them right.

Favorite Features

Size, Engine, Exterior Styling

Suggested Improvements

Opening Rear Sunroof, front parking assist, fold in rear-view mirrors.

Just Perfect
By Jeff

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

After three Mercedes MLs, it was time for a change. The MLs kept getting better (1998, 1999, 2001 models) but were nowhere near as good as the LR3. The LR3 is incredibly solid, with smooth acceleration and a great ride. Interior comfort is excellent and the kids love the third row, which offers easy access. Winter driving in New England was never better, with the LR3 handling snow and ice in a way that can only be described as awesome. Yeah, I like the LR3 a lot.

I got a Lemon
By Sunridgefarm

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my LR3 for 8 months and it has already been in the shop for over 50 days. First a bunch of lights went on for no apparent reason, the shop had my car for over a week. Then I took it in for its 7500 mile check and the next day it started to surge forward then the engine would die. That took 3+ weeks to fix (new fuel tank). I got the car back and within 3 hrs. the engine light went on. Another 10 days and a new feul pump, the service manager took it home to test it and the light went back on. Finally got my car back and within 24 hours the check engine light is back on. I have had it and am filing a Lemon Law claim.

Favorite Features

The drive is powerful, smooth and easy. I have towed with it and you don't even know the trailer is behind you. This car really does have a lot of "pep"!

Suggested Improvements

The tow hitch is VERY expensive, awkward and low. When you buy the tow hitch you also must buy a seperate light kit. And it MUST be put in by LR so you cannot go elsewhere to get it. The air conditioning system is sub-par and hard to use. Put memory buttons in for the driver and pass. seat.