2005 Land Rover LR3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Best Rover ever
By Jim on 02/24/05 22:46 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

As an owner of two other Land Rovers i can say this is the best yet. Quiet, powerful and fun!

A Great Land Rover
By micheal on 02/18/05 17:13 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What an improvement over the Discovery! This is a great truck; comfortable on long highway drives, able to get through the recent snowstorms in the Northeast, and up a very mucky 1/4 mile country driveway after the melting. We've put 7K on our SE, without a single problem (knock wood). It's versatile, fun to drive, and very well thought out. We tend to beat up our vehicles, and this one seems up to every task.

LR3
By Gary Alzona on 02/17/05 02:17 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Very smooth and solid especially when during harsh road condition. I have nothing but praise for this vehicle. Very enjoyable to drive every day.

LR3 Hard on Gas Mileage but great vehicl
By Lilly on 02/17/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bad gas mileage.But I love the car. Rides nice and operates well. The back up detection system is nice. Nice Ride, smooth.

Awesome!
By Jeff on 02/16/05 23:42 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

What a well-conceived vehicle! Perfect for our 3 kids and car-pooling to sports and school. Rugged in the Minnesota winter, safe to drive with kids, fabulous third row seating, awesome light with the alpine windows in second and third row, and fantastic storage when second and third row seats are flattened. Best SUV with third row seat by far!

Grey Ghost
By Charles Woodall on 02/16/05 22:57 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

It handles well. I like the height and view. This is my third Rover. They only get better. The workhorse is still there but the creature comforts are superb. I would recommend it highly

Love it so much I laugh @ myself
By David on 02/16/05 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I didn't think I cared much about what car I drove. Then I drove this one. The on road ride is as good as any and off road, well, the only problem with driving this machine off road is it does it all itself. After dialing in the appropriate setting, the best thing (and only thing you need to do is give it a little gas and steer. It goes anywhere effortlessly. My wife calls the on road ride "like butter". As I drive around town I catch myself smiling. The acceleration and handling is just fun. Oh, the sound of the Jag motor is music to even this non- autophile country boy.

"Land-Lover"
By Eric Scanlan on 02/16/05 22:12 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

To put it simply, it's just fun to drive. It's got all the smooth handling and comfort of a luxury car all wrapped up in a sporty and classy looking SUV.

The best does come in small packages
By Austin on 02/15/05 18:56 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

We were running an errand when my girlfriend needed to use the rest room-- - we were near a LR dealership, so i decided to stop by, 3 hour later i was walking out the dealership owning the new LR3. The only HSE available was the floor model in silver/black interior. I traded my 2001 DiscoII SE7 and i'm so happy with the LR3. The vehicle is loaded with features and had everything i had in my old disco and then some. The LR3 has power, distinctive styling, comfortable and reliable. I have driven in snow and the terrain response is incredible-- starting in second gear instead of first makes the truck more stable at take-off. My girlfriend is a sport car freak, but she love the LR3.

LR#
By stwsam on 02/14/05 21:54 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 5 new LR's in the past 4 years. This takes the cake. Even more bullet proof than our 2004 Range Rover. Just everything is flawless. 3800 miles and not the first sensor light. LR is catching up at long last. The ride is smooth, the power is great and the sound system with blow you away.