2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:
Great Truck
By Coloradan on 04/23/09 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my LR3. My friends love my LR3. I get complimented often on my rig. This is my second Land Rover (Disco II), and I had great experiences with both. Don't buy into the reliability hyperbole. Land Rover makes a superior product.

Warning Will Robinson! Danger!
By Fed Up To Here! on 03/25/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

As you can see by our rating we love everything except the reliabity. This car has been in the shop more than it's been in our driveway! The LR3 was way over engineered. Keep the design and the luxury and get rid of the gizmos! Six computers? Come on guys! This car is so complex, the dealer couldn't figure it out! For example, the door locks lock and un lock at will. The stereo display will read total system shutdown, with the car running or not! All the dash lights will go out and the alarm will come on! On one accasion every warning light came on and the car quit and refused to start. Give me the car with a low range and a locking rear differantial and I would be happy.

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE V8
By MotorStreet on 03/08/09 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The LR3 is hugely impressive. It tows our 4000 lbs boat with ease. The LR3 has a huge cargo area and seats that fold flat quickly and easily. You can fit a six foot tall adult easily and comfortably in every seat. It's easy to see out of and park the LR3 because of its relatively small proportions and huge windows. Another impressive part of the LR3 is its extensive warranty and the dealer's service programs. The air suspension is a nice feature, because it means that the car can be low for access or higher for snow, towing, or off roading. This SUV feels solid, but suprisingly nimble on the road and in snow or ice sticks to the road like no other vehicle.

I'm in love all over again.
By C.L.B. on 11/23/08 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Yep, just when I had given up on SUV's, along came LR3. I traded in my Mitsu Montero Ltd.(the full size one), for a Toyota Solara in '07. I wanted something sporty, fun to drive & good on gas. I got all of the above & had given up on owning SUVs. Then one day I decided to drive into a Jag dealership to take a look at the new Jag, when I saw a silver LR3. It was love at first sight. I absolutely love it. It has plenty of room for 7, handles & ride is A+, so many features, off-road A+, city & highway A+, luxury A+, my friends love it, complements all the time(could be because of the 22" chrome rims), gas mileage, well, it's a SUV, but it's worth it. Heck, I have my Toyota when I need to save money.

Oustanding vehicle
By Soonerjjs on 03/31/08 22:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Best Ford I have ever had. No problems. Nothing has gone wrong. I live at 7500 ft, so the vehicle is challenged every day. Deep snow, rough terrain, off-road challenges. It can do it all. And have a better ride than anything I have been in this side of a Mercedes. Great, great car.

Roving Rover
By john caselli on 02/07/08 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The changes from the discovery to the LR3 are not even comparable. Land Rover has done great things w/this new updated model. i've had it for almost 3 years & have zero problems w/it. It rides excellent & will dile you w/guilt if you don't take it off the road now & then. My wife had a Discovery & feel rest assured that you will have piece of mind w/this machine where as w/the discovery you just never knew.

Get in the Mud
By RoverFun on 12/17/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

My family and I have put 25k miles on the truck this year and have more a problem not driving it. Third row seat is a pleasure, best tailgate design ever, and confort beyond exspectation. I understand that others have had trouble with a first model year, but that is typical and I was prepared for it (bought 100k bumper to bumper warrenty). I have been off road with groups and solo and never been stuck yet. The truck is truely more at home off road and my wife can still lean back an chat on the cell at the same time. I even squeezed a larger set of tires on it and they worked great in sand

FamilyGuy LR3 driven daily
By MidwestFamilyGuy on 11/11/07 14:49 PM (PST)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Wow I am impressed. I purchased the 2005 Land Rover LR3 SE V8 Java Black/Black Leather to replace our 1999 EB Expedition. The LR3 gets used as a daily driver and my family loves it! Striking good looks, plenty of power, soft supportive heated leather seats front and rear, etc.. This was a definite upgrade from our aging EB Expy. Have had zero issues with the LR3 since new and am considering replacing wife's Grand Cherokee Overland with the new Land Rover LR2. I was considering a new Tahoe ,Yukon,Expedition type vehicle but am glad I have something different I don't see everyone else driving around town. The Brits are back thanks to BMW and Ford completely re-working the entire line up.

Get in the mud!
By Ryan Knapp on 09/11/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The truck is more than fun to drive and the comfort is exceptional. I was aware of the reliability issues and got a 100k bumper to bumper warrenty with the sale up front. Dealership has been great about the minor issues we have had, but then again it has been used as it was intended. I have been in mud holes, trails, cow pastures, and rocks with it and it has never stopped! Handles as well as some other sports cars I have been in and everyone loves it.

Loving my decision
By Charlotte Fan on 08/13/07 11:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2005 Cadillac Escalade for my 2005 LR3 and could not be more pleased. While the Cadillac may have more "bells and whistles", the LR3 has many more functional benefits. The ride is great and I love the feeling of knowing that road and weather conditions will never impede my ability to travel. A great looking luxury vehicle that has the ability to go "blue collar" when necessary.