Used 2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

HSE 3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Expensive Electronics Repairs
By Bob DeBenedittis

2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle since May of 2011. Loved it until August of 2015 when electronic problems started. 1st the fuel gauge/range display would fluctuate from accurate to immediately dropping to E/0 miles of range, then go back and forth. When check engine light came on, time to get service. Only dealer could do the work and at about $3000. Two months later, seat belt and airbag warning light come on, back to dealer. Diagnosis: faulty sensor in seat, seat needs to be replaced at cost of $1600. Totally unacceptable, I'm looking to sell and get something more reliable.

Great SUV for the price
By varnergirl

2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have previously owned a GMC Acadia, went down to a loaded Nissan Rogue to save on gas mileage, BAD DECISION. We just purchased the pre owned LR2 HSE and I am more than pleased.
No, it is not as spacious as the Acadia, but drives like a pure luxury car.
The gas mileage has been better than expected. In comparison to the price of the loaded Rogue we well overpaid for, this vehicle feels more stable and quiet frankly is worth every penny. I love the safety features and the ride.
Land Rover made an affordable alternative for the Middle Class.
Always check your options on a nice pre-owned vehicle you love before settling for a new vehicle you hope will grow on you.

The ride is very smooth and not much road noise. The safety features cannot be beat. The sound system is impressive and I have not found a blind spot yet. For a four wheel drive vehicle you cannot beat the price.

Would have loved to have a back up camera rather than just the back up sensors. The windshield will take some getting used to.

Great SUV
By silthedoc

2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm rather stunned by some of the lame reviews I've read here.
I've driven BMWs, Jaguars, etc., and my LR2 is by far the best vehicle I have owned for the value.
If you're not obese you will be o.k. with the armrest.
What the heck do people put inside a console anyway??
If your family does not resemble the Brady Bunch, you'll be just fine with cargo space, and with space in general.
The SUV is well built, rides smoothly and comes with tons of features for which you'll have to pop extra bucks on RX350s, X3s or X5s, ML 350s or GLK350s.
Trust me, it is a beautiful machine that looks no where near what everybody drives.
My SUV is fully loaded and I paid less than $28,000.

Panoramic sunrrof (standard feature); all leather (standard).

1st Land Rover
By bobdb

2010 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had it for 2 months and love this suv. It was a loaner car w/1200 miles so I got it very cheap, just under $26K. Great size, smooth quiet ride. Mileage isn't what I'd like, about 15 local, close to 25 hwy. Not as good as my Jetta, but better than my Tahoe.

bluetooth, heated seats, windshield defroster (will see in winter), sunroof.

full shade for sunroof (instead of just a perforated screen), better mpg, cooled seats, memory for driver's seat.

N
By Dirky

MPG during a 600 mile trip on highway was 27MPG. City is about 22 so far

Navigation standard and a supercharger ;) Then it will be a mini- range.