2009 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

HSE 3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
better postioned than the Freelander
By Bill on 04/14/10 15:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having previously owned an Lr3 and Freelander, the Lr2 sits comfortably as the entry Land Rover. Off road/Snow capabilities are very strong, and extended driving stretches of 8 plus hours with a family of four are certainly comfortable. Great driver visibility all around. Sun roof in front/moon roof in back make the cabin feel airy and spacious. Armrests are comfortable enough, but lack the plushness of the Lr3. Adequate storage space in back, good sound system, great warranty. Would recommend for those looking for a compact SUV with better than average snow/off road capabilities.

Great car
By iain tait on 01/04/10 01:59 AM (PST)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I live in Western Australia and our CRD LR2 has just come back from 2000 miles in the outback towing a two ton caravan! This vehicle is just awesome and towed brilliantly along with going truely off road through deep soft sand, over rocks and never missed a beat. Aside from a small steering rack issue that was fixed when it was a few weeks old the car has been perfect and my wife went from sceptic to Landrover fan!

Back on the map
By Thorsten on 11/28/09 10:51 AM (PST)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

A great car and great value for your money. So far I had no issues, the car feels well build and I love to drive it. For an SUV you can drive it very sporty (has enough power)without feeling uncomfortable or unsafe. The stereo system (Alpine Dolby Surround)is fantastic, bluetooth connects right away to any of my phones (con: could be louder). Navigation is terrific but the updates are very pricey. The breaks are great (I have the 19" wheels) and the engine sounds awesome, Fuel economy is great on average 14-16 mpg city, 23-26 mpg highway (what do you expect it is an SUV). In summary it is a great all- round vehicle, which puts Land Rover back on the map

An authentic off road vehicle
By Forester on 11/04/09 18:28 PM (PST)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is just plain fun to drive. It is great on the highway and very capable off road. I have driven in mud, deep snow and dirt roads. It may look like a Lexus but the LR2 can really go off road. After 6000 miles no problems. Seems to be put together very well.

Very Nice for the price
By Willy on 08/13/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

IT is a very nice car if you are looking for smaller SUV. there are lots of competition from Medz, Lex, BMW, Volvo, Acura ect. But the price is very fair for what you get. It is more like a truck than the other car- based. But still rides nice. Eventhough it is the lowest end Land Rover, it has the look and feel of the more e xpensive one, like the Sport.

AWESOME!
By AWESOME! on 08/03/09 12:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The LR2 is the best choice in it's class period! The stylish and rugged look is what the land rover is about. The interior works for this vehicle and is easy to control. There is more then enough room in the back and excellent head room compared to any of the other vehicles that we looked at. It's a land rover, its unique and it's should be on your list of SUV's.

NO PROBLEMS
By Jerry on 06/29/09 04:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have just bought this vehicle while away on vacation. I drove it home 525 miles and it was a joy. Gas mileage was 24.8 - 25 mpg while doing 75mph. Everything works as described. I purchased vehicle with the technology and the cold climate packages. I must have bought at the right time because I got $10,000 off the sticker which put the price right at $30,800.

Be warned
By Jimmy on 06/04/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Great car until you you need to buy parts. A cracked windshield 3 month back order. Front bumper 6 weeks minimum. Accesories out of sight. 1600 for a tow package, 1000 for roof racks. Already had a fuel pump leak 2 months after buying it. It cost 41,700 I tried to trade it 3 months later and the best i could do is 30,000 and that was at the dealer I bought it from, Before it had a scratch on it. So much for resale value. Drives great good gas milage for an AWD great stereo but will never buy another Landrover at any price

Fun to Drive
By forester2 on 05/11/09 20:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive and is amazingly capable. It is truly a 4X4 and is not just a car with an all wheel drive attached. It handles like a sports car around town and a jeep off road. I have been driving 4X4s at work for near 35 years and can't believe how this rig takes all the drama out of muddy roads. This is a real 4X4 and Land Rover stuffed in about every technical option available somewhere into this high quality rig. No problems so far.

I love my car!
By Ray on 03/13/09 16:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchase a 2009 LR2. I was impressed at what the car was able to do off road. I also understand that the same characteristics that make it a superior off road vehicle will relate to on road performance and safety. The LR2 has power leather seats, two sunroofs and a very nice sound system. It was a wonderful buying experience.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Land Rover LR2 in VA is:

$144 per month*