2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Review: Very Disappointed

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV - Consumer Review

Very Disappointed
By West MI Car Owner on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Good looking and fun to drive when it works. However, this is the least utilitarian sport utility ever. Clearly a vehicle designed as a tall station wagon for soccer moms and was a big let-down as my first Land Rover. Second sunroof was a cool feature until I discovered that prevented me from having a roof rack, and bumper design made a putting on a hitch a very expensive custom job. The seat heaters drained the battery if you forgot to turn them off and the crazy windshield wipers are $60 each. Also, dependability was surprisingly poor. 2nd week off the lot the car stalled and died on me and wouldn't start again. Pretty embarrassing as I was on a 2nd date. I will NEVER buy LR again!

Good looks. Sturdy body for a smaller SUV. Adequate power.

Wind noise with windows or sunroof open was very bad. Fuel economy was very poor and could only take mid- grade or better. Need to put the Utility back in Sport Utility and have cargo/equipment racks and tow hitches in mind.