2008 Land Rover LR2 3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Solid Small SUV

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV - Consumer Review

Solid Small SUV
By Jason in California on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my LR2 in Northern California for more than a year and I've had no problems at all (and I'm surprised to read about othes who have had problems). In fact, I'm quite happy with it. Acceleration is mediocre, but it feels confidently solid and smooth at speed on the highway. Steering can be a bit sensitive, but it is easy to get used to. I found the fit and finish pretty nice, with with leather seats and rubberized utilitatian knobs. Particularly for its price. It is sure-footed in the snow and has seems to have more rugged capabilities than others in its class. With the seats down, there's lots of room. I've been very happy with my LR2.

Favorite Features

Solidly built, fun to drive, fairly roomy, nice materials, and a good soundsystem. The two moonroofs with the sun shades are nice as well.

Suggested Improvements

The little removable plastic covers for the accessory chargers are dreadful. And the gas cap holder is poorly designed -- it requires more attention than it should for it to actually hold the cap during fueling. And it is a bit underpowered, particuarly for its (average) gas mileage.