Overall best luxury small SUV
By lakes00 on
2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
I checked quoted and test drove the whole small SUV market. I chose the LR2 on features, looks, comfort and warranty. Within price range my finalists were the X3, Tribeca and the LR2. The LR2 won on features, comfort and looks. Lease price was the hardest part to digest, BMW and all others offered much better deals. I do love this little SUV, as it is so much fun to drive. Fuel economy is pretty decent for an SUV (getting 21.3 avg MPG). The standard Alpine radio is excellent. I do not recommend buying the Technology package. Tech package is $4000. For $350 I bought a Garmin navigation with Bluetooth that fits perfect in the NAV space..and the bluetooth does work with my Blackberry.
Favorite Features
MP3 player connectivity, soft suspension, high seat/visibility, off road capability, exterior design, alpine radio, auto zenon lights and wipers, rear backing sensors, memory seats.
Suggested Improvements
Better lease options, covered center console & coins, sunroof that opens all the way, regular gas, a few inches longer (front is too long compared to rear), tech pachage price & phone.