2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Review: Love it, but worth the $$$ ?

2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Love it, but worth the $$$ ?
By bluerover on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My girlfriend and I leased this car in CA in Sep '07. WE LOVE IT! Simple yet elegant interior. Handles extremely well on and off road. Moved to New Orleans, handles the killer pot holes so well and takes water half way up the doors w/o flooding! So far, not a single problem. Looked at BMW and others, LR2 was hands down the best deal. Lease is up and gf is so upset about turning it in, we are looking into buying it. But I am concerned about maintenance expense as it ages. (We only have 21K miles and all maint was free during lease.) If money was no concern, I would keep this car without any hesitation, but for the pot-holed street of New Orleans I would rather have a cheap beater.

Rain-sensing wipers, strong dual A/C & seat heaters, ample storage, uncluttered elegant dash layout (I disagree w/ review). A real head turner - but not as ostentatious looking as BMW, Benz, Lexus, and the huge Range Rovers. Handles very well. By far the most comfortable car I have driven.

A little bit cramped for tall people like me (6'4) - could use just a bit more leg room and I wish drivers seat lowered just a bit more. Tight leg room for back seat passengers. Center console should have a cover to hide items especially the aux input & charger (ipods etc). MPG only 15 city/21 Hwy.