2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Review: Great choice over BMW, Acura,

2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Review

Great choice over BMW, Acura, Mercedes
By Daniel on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I get bored with cars quite often, but my LR2 is staying for another couple of years with me. I love the LR2. Performance: Coming from a V8 Mercedes(CLS) just prior to purchasing LR2, I was worried I wouldn't be happy with the performance and the ride. Acceleration could be better, but it has plenty of torque for merging on to fast traffic. Ride: LR2 offers a good mix of comfortable ride and capability. I go to Sierra Nevada often during winter, and AWD system performs very well. Off-road capability is also outstanding for a car this size. Handling: Fun! A bit of oversteering around the sharp corners, but it's still great. Quality: Rivals other luxury brands (BMW, Mercedes, etc.)

Styling is great. One of the best Nav system seen so far, compared to Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Audi. Fast re-calculation, flash-based graphic is great! Rivals Infiniti's Nav. Decent cargo space but trunk could be extended just a few inches more with minimal impact on weight. 5year free maintenance.

Fuel economy could be optimized a little. Bit of spirited daily driving gets me about 18mpg in mostly city driving. I've seen up to 24mpg on freeways. Features such as HomeLink should be standard for this price range. Seems odd to see that it's not even offered.