2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Review: A little more HP please

2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

A little more HP please
By Kevin on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Stornoway Gray LR2, with all all options, in late April and now at 2100 miles I still am impressed. Originally I was thinking about buying a LR3 but needed something a little smaller and the BMW X3 didn't cut it. Overall the exterior and interior look of the vehicle is sharp but I wish the engine had a little more HP...like 275- 280. I primarily use the LR2 for work so it's mostly paved road driving which is very comfortable. However I recently took it off road and realized it was truly a Land Rover but it does have a pretty good sway over rough terrain. For myself, my wife and dog this is our weekend getaway vehicle and it is more than enough room and very fun.

Enjoy the look and feel of the vehicle. The upgraded Alpine sound system is superb and the navigation and bluetooth connectivity is a must. I agree with others that a larger selection of BT compatible phones is necessary.

A little more HP, better bluetooth and and an extra 8 inches longer would complete the package