2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Review: 94,000 mile review

2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (3.2L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

94,000 mile review
By mks9 on

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Been very reliable. Only routine maintenance. Oil changes, brakes at 75,000 miles, tires about every 42,000 miles. Fun to drive, good gas mileage for it's size. Still don't like te key, but it seems to be the new trend. At the moment, it's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. It's my 6th vehicle and I never get rid of them with under 150K miles on them.

Favorite Features

Love the lights and Navigation system. It's very intuitive. Still can't figure out how to use my wife's Toyota Navigation sytem. Seats are very comfortable and the drive is terrific. Love to use the manual mode to break the car. Transmission is also terrific. Unlike my previous Chevy that wanted to accelerate to 90 mph on down hills, the LR2 mostly maintains the spedd your at. I drive in the mountains (east coast) alot.

Suggested Improvements

Still don't really like the key. If you hit the brake and the start button at exactly the same time, it screws up the computer and the car won't start. All you have to do is remove the key and start again, but an old fashion key doesn't have that problem. The only other minor issue is that when you go from the automatic mode to the manual mode, the display doesn't tell you what gear you are in until you shift once. Not a problem, just seems odd that you have to shift to display the gear.