2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
Great Choice When Off-Road is a Priority
By Jean Orr on 11/07/07 15:11 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned since the end of August, & have put 6,000 miles on the vehicle. I bought it because Im a Real Estate Broker and sell large acreage properties upstate NY and wanted a good off-roader that wouldn't break the bank in the mpg department. Also, something with alittle snob appeal to impress my clients. This vehicle fits the bill perfectly--great off-road over hill and dale (and the back 40-- acres--that is), but has a wonderful on-pavement ride, my clients find it very comfortable, love the climate control, visibility, good acceleration, sound system, easy-to- use nav system, and, the interior finish is understated but elegant with nice wood accents. Has been mechanically perfect so far.

Excellent AWD Medium SUV
By Stonefoxx on 11/07/07 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2200 miles so far, I test drove everything in the med. SUV class, BMW overcharges for every option- many standard features w/ LR2 including real leather seats. This by far was the best overall ride and comfort. I have had a minor issue with the audio 2x when I put the key in the audio was muted- after I took the "unit" (lr2's name for the remote key) out and put it back in all was well. I highly recommend this vehicle to any one looking for a safe med. SUV

BEWARE OF THIS CAR!
By mtd130 on 10/19/07 01:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car and have had nothing but major saftey issue. It just died on me while I was driving before I had driven it 2000 miles. It got towed to the dealership and they had a software update for it. I then took it back and then less then a week, it died again. The tech at Land rover told me it was a "docking of the key" problem and it loses communicaton with the fuel line! No fix out there for this computer- key problem and yes there are getting more complaints about this issue. As of right now, I am not getting into this car.

Excellent medium SUV
By JAY on 09/29/07 23:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for 3 months, driven it about 4,000 miles and so far has proven to be a great car. Perfect size for 4-5 people. The nav system is simple to operate. There is a lot of information available on the screen. Once you get familiar with it, it becomes easy to read on the fly. Off Road this car showed its Land Rover DNA. The sport mode makes it fun to drive. Great car overall. Very happy with my purchase.

I Love my LR2
By nekemomo on 09/28/07 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have to say I was getting discouraged with some of the cross- overs as I was looking for a new vehicle. My husband sent me the link to check out the LR2 and I instantly was intrigued. We went and test drove the vehicle and it was a done deal. It handles exceptionally well, has a smooth ride and excellent technology. Whenever I am driving in town people check out my car, and I get tons of compliments. You don't see many of them on the road, which is another great thing about Land Rover. I couldn't be more in love with my car!

Looks good, runs bad!
By Nikki on 09/18/07 23:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the car for a little over 90 days now, and it has been at the dealership for repair for 35 of those days. Parts to fix the LR2 seem to be quite complicated to get, I have been waiting 2 weeks for a gasket on my new cylinder head. But then, who would think you have to replace a cylinder after 90 days? I also had problems with the car not starting/stalling out.

Broke Down at 2800 Miles
By Samuel on 09/11/07 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beware. Look elsewhere. Car completely broke down at 2800 miles. Excuses from Land Rover have been key fob software problem. How does a key fob effect coolant being burned out of the engine at 2800 miles? Car would not start looked under hood coolant below way below minimum. Car in shop now for 3 weeks. Land Rover clueless as to what is going on and wants us to be the Test Pilots. No Thank you. Same problem happening with other buyers. Land Rovers Solution is that when your car stalls on the freeway to just pull over and take the key out and let it reset and then try again! Would not be good if the car stalls on incline doing off road excursion. Looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Thank you Land Rover!
By u2fan1967 on 09/09/07 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up a Stornoway Gray, Ebony Interior with the cold Pack. Had it for 3 weeks and absolutely love it. I've owned 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees, 2 Audis and an Acura TSX and this has been the most fun to own and drive. Handles like a dream and to me the performance is just fine. In Sport Mode rocks! Don't be fooled by the motor trend article that criticizes the perf. Plus the breaking and handling of this SUV is wonderful. Great value when you consider a Toyota Rav4 Limited w/Leather and sunroof runs $30k. The LR2 with cold pack is $34. The X3 was way over priced and the RDX was way to harsh like my TSX was. I wanted smooth and posh, now I got it in style! Thank you Land Rover!

Dig it
By Jim on 08/28/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The car is truly great to drive. Love the standard features and overall look of the car.

So Far So Good
By rgosalvez on 08/23/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my LR2 for 3 weeks now. I am very impressed with the level of standard equipment on this vehicle for the price. Comparably equipped X3's and RX 350's are several thousand dollars more. After 3 weeks, I have had no problems at all. I have, however, had many people provide positive comments on the look of the vehicle. The ride is very comfortable and the fuel economy is about what I expected. Most of the interior build and quality seems good except for some creaking I have noticed in the door panels.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.