Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

1st car bought outside the "big" 3
By ccaparelli

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Having owned 2 Jeep Grand Cherokee's and a Ford Explorer, this was the first SUV I've owned outside of the "Big" 3. Needless to say, I have been extremely pleased with my LR2 so far. I've put just under 7,000 miles on it and have averaged 18 mpg city and 23/24 mpg highway, using standard fuel (87 oct) with no noticeable pinging/knocking. The interior may not be as pretty as a BMW, but it is very practically designed. Vision from the drivers seat is fantastic,very few blind spots. The nav system is very interactive and works great, and the sound system, although a little light on bass, is very good. Acceleration is a bit sluggish, but it's an SUV with good fuel economy, not a corvette

In grass/gravel/snow mode, the SUV handles fantastic in snow and on ice. Responsive steering. Auto up/down windows and front/rear foglamps are nice. Good cargo space for a compact SUV (4 golf bags just barely fit). Exterior styling is great, I get plenty of compliments! Overall, it is fantastic!

Big front brake rotors provide plenty of stopping power but generate tons of brake dust. Moonroof looks big but doesn't open very far. Poor call quality on bluetooth system compared to my Jeep with same phone/service. Little interior storage, but lets be honest, those usually just collect junk.

Solid Small SUV
By Jason in California

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving my LR2 in Northern California for more than a year and I've had no problems at all (and I'm surprised to read about othes who have had problems). In fact, I'm quite happy with it. Acceleration is mediocre, but it feels confidently solid and smooth at speed on the highway. Steering can be a bit sensitive, but it is easy to get used to. I found the fit and finish pretty nice, with with leather seats and rubberized utilitatian knobs. Particularly for its price. It is sure-footed in the snow and has seems to have more rugged capabilities than others in its class. With the seats down, there's lots of room. I've been very happy with my LR2.

Solidly built, fun to drive, fairly roomy, nice materials, and a good soundsystem. The two moonroofs with the sun shades are nice as well.

The little removable plastic covers for the accessory chargers are dreadful. And the gas cap holder is poorly designed -- it requires more attention than it should for it to actually hold the cap during fueling. And it is a bit underpowered, particuarly for its (average) gas mileage.

30 K report
By DH

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just took it in for 30K check up. Been flawless thus far, all I have done is the free service. Lots of fun to drive, 22 mpg. Very happy with this purchase.

Satelite radio and the lighting system.

Only thing I don't like is the key. It's in an awkward spot and doesn't make sense to me. I liked the old style keys.

Worst Car Ever
By unhappy customer

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst care I have ever had. Land Rover is buying it back as a lemon. The car constantly cuts out while driving, the gas gage constantly tells me I have no gas even when the tank is full and I have taken the key out of the ignition and the car stays on and tells me the key is still in the ignition. I have had nothing but problems, it has been in the shop more than at my home and the guys at Enterprise are my new best friends. I would never, ever buy another Land/Range Rover again, or for that matter even take one if someone gave one to me.

Fell in love with Rimini Red
By Love the LR2 HSE

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Looked for a smaller SUV to replace Grand Crapokee Overland and test drove lots of others. Loved the LR2 and bought it. Rimini red/Alpaca is beautiful and the 19" wheels are striking and not tacky. Kudos to LR for this excellent midsize SUV. Drives like a sports car. Return LR/RR customer.

Looks like a mini RR Sport Supercharged! Interior comfort is excellent with familiar controls and layout like our LR3. Love the interior and exterior.

None really! Supercharged model, Hybrid, Diesel model engines lik the UK.

• SUV