2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
Fantastic SUV
By MarkHalp on 01/25/08 07:34 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded "down" to the LR2 from the Range Rover Sport and love this SUV. In some ways it is a more enjoyable vehicle. It has more interior room than the Sport, a comparable stereo, looks and for 2/3rds of the price. Although I have only owned this vehicle for a month it has had no problems which is better than I experienced with the Sport in the same time period. Recommended.

LR2 Gets the Job done
By slojas1 on 12/11/07 15:15 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The LR2 fits 5 passengers comfortably with a good amount of room for storage. The 3.2L I6 engine provides enough power for passing at high speeds. The fuel economy is passable at a combined 17.5 mpg. The LR2 is a great buy combined with the Land Rover no service charge for scheduled maintenance. Other premium services such as road assistance, and others are included with purchase. These features scores major points as they are services that are usable.

Great Rover!
By Paul on 12/07/07 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth engine and more power than expected. Sound system is awesome! Great turning ratio.

Traded the 99 DISCO II
By EZ on 12/05/07 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

90K miles later, we traded the 99 Discovery II for the LR2, SE, Narvik Blk, Alpacha, Cold Pack, Light Pack, and Teck Pack. I drove all the others and kept coming back to Land Rover. Had great service from the DISCO and have 550 miles on the LR2. Fun to drive, much better MPG than the Disco. The key system is a bit funky, but if you let the vehicle recieve the key instead of shoving it in, there will be no probs. Added the roof rack, cross bars, mud flaps and trailer hitch for bike rack. Drives smooth and plenty of power from the 6 cyl. Not the boss hog SUV for sure, but for the mid-size it is a winner.

Very Happy with this vehicle
By roverette on 11/30/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Wow. After much research, I decided to purchase the Land Rover LR2. It's been a great choice for me. It's large enough to haul around what I need, and it still fits in the garage. Gas mileage has been averaging 22 mpg - that is a mix of highway and city driving. Comfortable interior, great visibility, tons of room.

Baby Rover
By Chris Nordstrom on 11/28/07 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It is sad to read the bad reviews by some owners. I have had many vehicles over the years (including other Land Rovers), but have to say this has been a great vehicle so far. I have owned the vehicle since April and to date have 12,000 miles on it with no problems. Ride, comfort and handling are all great. I average any where from 18-24 MPG depending my combined driving. Better fuel economy would be nice, but it seems to be on par with others in its class and engine size.

Great vehicle
By NY / SI on 11/18/07 16:49 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Had it since April-no major problems (no sound from radio fixed by software re-load, small ratle in the door fixed during 6 mo. service. Great car overall with very decent acceleration esp in Sports mode, very comfy seats and very decent OEM sound system

Excellent. I don't miss my Mercedes CLS
By Daniel on 11/18/07 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased LR2 with all available options a week ago, so I cannot comment on reliability. Safety: I've seem some crash photos from UK, and LR2 seems to be a solid truck. Power: 230HP/234lb.ft. Number isn't impressive, but that's how the engine should be for SUVs;Torque. Plenty quick. Warranty: Meets STD 4yr/50K. Maintenance included for 4 years is very nice. Other things: It's unbelievably quiet for an SUV, its tech upgrades work well.(great nav system, bluetooth, etc.) Unbeatable off-road capability. Exterior looks top-class and interior is small but luxurious and super comfortable. I don't miss my 2006 V8 Mercedes CLS (trade-in) at all. Not as fast, but I love the new LR2

Great car & look, needs better mileage
By Eunice on 11/13/07 11:38 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for 5 months now and I haven't had any problem with it. I am impressed with how smoothly it drives and the turns are fantastic. It is very quiet and the seats are extremely comfortable. The car looks small but there is plenty of leg room.

Great Fun!
By Roverette on 11/12/07 15:38 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoyable car to drive. Handles well. Drive is comfortable. Not too hard, not too soft. You have the ability to change how the tranny works and the suspension changes, too. Very roomy, great visibility. Nice looking vehicle. Runs great. Quiet on the road. You can buy this and feel confident that it will be running well for years to come. Very solid automobile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Land Rover LR2 Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*