2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
Would buy it again!
By pressare on 03/10/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the LR2 for a little over a month (February- March) in Cleveland Ohio, so saying that, I've been impressed by how the truck both handles & performs in this harsh climate. I really like it & I've owned a BMW & Jeep's & neither truck comes close. The fuel mileage is bad, but who cares, it probably cost me an extra $300-$400 year (worth it!)

Just got it
By newguy9 on 02/19/08 07:25 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just got it 4 days ago & love it. The gas millage is brutal, but love the truck! Can't believe that there are no floormats- that's crazy!

Most Bang for the Buck in this Segment
By PM on 02/16/08 15:37 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It looks great, rides great and seats 4 or 5 more comfortably, with more elbow room and an overall more spacious feel than the BMW X3 or Acura RDX. Body is very rigid and conveys "bank-vault" solidity. Acceleration is more than adequate in real world conditions (even if on paper it seems slow by comparison). Handling is more truck like than the others, but that has some charm. Braking is excellent, though as with cornering there's a fair amount of body dive/roll. MPG is worse than I expected both highway and city. I average about 18 overall. I have had multiple, though generally minor, problems that resulted in trips to the dealer. But overall a better deal -- and much more unique.

Good! but could have been Great
By PC on 02/08/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the LR2 inspite of its poor reliability reputation. It was the right size, price and looked great. I compared it to X3, RDX, RX350,CX7 and it drove and felt the best overall. I would have rated it excellent but for some irritating issues that seem to magnify each day. First off the gas mileage I've been getting for in-city is 12.5. . Secondly there is no storage area for the driver. All my other cars had something on the dash or below the right arm to store sunglasses,CDs, papers. The bluetooth on this car does not sync w Smartphones which renders it useless. And the Cold Climate package gets you a windshield that produces glare from oncoming traffic. Other than that it's great.

Great Buy!
By DPA on 02/06/08 22:19 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the LR2 in July '07 and just hit 28,000 miles. Other than taking it in every 7500 miles for service, there have been no problems to report. It rides very smooth on the road, and handles well at high speeds.

Great Little SUV
By mks on 02/06/08 17:09 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Haven't been this happy with a vehicle in a long time. Luxury, fun and practical all in one. Averaging about 19 mpg with an average speed of only about 35 mph combined driving. Have a fully loaded SE that I got for several K less than the wifes hybrid Highlander and like it much better. Feels more solid and handles much better. Love the stereo and Nav system. Very sure footed in the snow and smooth on the highway. Just fun to drive.

More bang for your buck!
By John67 on 01/28/08 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Wow! My new LR2 has been the greatest car I've ever owned. Where do I begin? Great styling. Other people love it also. Plenty of pep. I like the maintenence being included. I have yet to have any problems. What is there not to like about this car? By far the best in its class. A lot of great standard options. Sunroof standard. Not everyone has one which I great. I'm sure I'll start seeing more since they have only been out less than a year and only bring a few into the U.S..Just a great, fun car! Wow!

From Audi All Road to L R 2
By Audiallrd to LR2 on 01/27/08 10:32 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I must say that since I purchased 4 of 07 that the LR2 has been perfect in every aspect of driving pleasure, no problems or unexpected annoyances. This SUV is a great vehicle. Land Rover is great!

LR2 - Excellent for new families!
By Duane on 01/25/08 11:01 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The LR2 is the perfect car for someone who is expecting their first child or travels out of the city. The cabin fits 5 passengers comfortably with a good amount of room for storage. The engine provides enough power, but does not perform like a sports car. The issue is whether that is what you are looking for. The fuel economy is fine, if you learn how to drive the engine. The LR2 is a great buy combined with the Land Rover no service charge for scheduled maintenance and other premium services such as road assistance are included with purchase.

Love it
By MAS on 01/25/08 10:39 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier. Very practically design. Have a black, fully loaded SE that I got for less than the wifes Highlander. Looked at them all and if you want useful features, this is the most for the money. Handles great, I get 19.5 mpg averaging 41 mph combined driving. Very comfortable, Nav & bluetooth are great as well as the heated windshield. Have to love the Volvo engines, 240 K on my last one and it still ran as good as the day I bought it. You can tell it's built for the long run. Only 3600 miles on it thus far no problems. I didn't even know the LR2 exited when I was looking. Saw it on Edmunds, ended up test driving it 6 times before buying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.