2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
I love my LR2
By RoverGal on 06/05/08 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My LR2 is the very first one to be shipped into the US market-Numero Uno. Owned it since April of 2007. All that time, I've had no major problems. A hot restart problem that was fixed right away by the dealer A couple of rattles that were also fixed right away. The car is incredibly comfortable for me to drive, avg 25 MPG on my daily 44 mi commute, is reliable, and can traverse even the worst of the Vermont "mud season" ruts (measured at 14") with ease. It looks sexy in Stornoway Gray with the black leather interior, woodgrain trim, and all the options. I'm sorry others are suffering through "first year" syndrome for this. I've treated mine like a baby and she loves me back!

My LR2
By rovergal on 06/04/08 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my car for over a year now and still haven't found anything to complain about. I'm getting over 25 mpg, it is extremely comfortable to drive, has lots of power when I need it, can traverse muddy, rutty roads with ease, and is just a great car!

3 x Electronic Meltdwn ongoing Nightmare
By CALandRoverHell on 05/18/08 09:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Briefly- This SUV's electronics systems are defective, and LR must know it! I have had 3 different, brand new models 2-LR2's and 1 LR2 HSE. Similar issues have re-occurred with all 3 vehicles: 1) passenger front seat airbag/seatbelt sensor malfunction even after fix, comes back on. 2) nav screen freezing and not moving forward 3) gas showing EMPTY when is 1/2 or more full 4) sound system muting after rear 'sonar' has engaged 5) rear latch when opening at night, turns on ALARM 6) incompetent service people. their 'systems' never seem to find the problems, and I have to have solution for them by finding on internet

Adaptive Lighting
By Trooper on 05/17/08 01:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Adaptive lighting failed whilst driving at night on the day I collected my new car. Dealership "upgraded" the software however, this did not rectify the problem. After several emails to Land Rover UK, the diagnosis is that one of the motors needs replacing as the light is not swiveling as far as it should. Identical issue as 'misswho'. Will advise once motor replaced if this solves the problem. I currently (touch wood) have no issues with starting the engine!

Excellent purchase
By steve on 05/15/08 23:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I felt I got A LOT for the price. I was very impressed by how it drove but the style of the vehicle is very impressive !!! I get stopped a lot by people telling me how sharp my car looks. I see a lot of LR2's around beautiful Santa Barbara. Kids love their own sunroof for the backseat !

LR2 2008 mixed feelings
By pmtjrt on 05/02/08 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Delivered in Late November of 2008. Ride and design is great BUT currently having major issue with the Car shifter getting locked into Neutral. It will fo into reverse, park and neutral but will not engage into drive, sometimes as long as 20 minutes before it releases. I am having to shut the car down and restart, not once but several times. This has happened 6-8 times and have gone to the dealer 2 times in less then 2 weeks, and am having to go again. Dealer is telling me no problem showing up when checking system. Has anyone else had this problem? Or does any one have a solution.

Fun Vehicle / Great Value
By Charles Green on 04/13/08 22:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased mid August 2007. 6500 miles currently. Only dislike is the heated windshield. Embedded wires cause glare at night and you can see them during the day. This is a fun vehicle to drive. Fast and stable. Plenty of interior room for driver/passengers. The only time you know you're driving a small vehicle is when you back up and realize there is still plenty of room to maneuver. RIM has a download for their Blackberry, Bluetooth now works great. First SUV I've really felt comfortable driving. Many like the X5 feel too ponderous, you can feel every pound in the steering. Many other SUVs don't even pretend that they could go off road. Added roof rails and mudguards. Lots of compliments.

So far, so good
By Rover Girl on 04/06/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Another satisfied owner, at least so far. Only owned two months & driven 1,200 mi., but absolutely love the vehicle! Gets lots of attention, yet have only seen one other LR2 on the road here since they existed. Love that - driving something unique, not the same vehicle in everyone's driveway. Just holding my breath that it proves to be reliable. Replaced my Montero Limited, which had only one minor issue over nearly 100K miles. Don't expect that from a Land Rover, but hoping for the best! Like most people, I considered nearly every other SUV out there in this class, but liked this one the best. Planned on an LR3, but the LR2's are actually more advanced, & look to be much more reliable.

Very Impressed
By Craig on 04/05/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Land Rover LR2 is a great little car. I bought it 3 months ago and have put nearly 11,000 miles on it. Zero problems. Runs perfectly -- averages 22 mpg everyday -- 25 mpg on trips (no kidding). Comfortable with plenty of power -- can't believe it's a six. What's not to like about this vehicle! Get the nav upgrade -- the sound system is one of the best I have ever heard.

New and loving it so far
By sww on 03/25/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Finally bit the bullet and made a decision and glad I did. So far the LR2 has been great fun to drive and is a very comfortable ride. I purchased the cold climate package (love the seat heaters), Nav and stereo upgrade (I think they have me hooked on Sirius) and the lighting package, which might be my favourite part. The lighting package is like having a stadium's worth of spotlights behind you showing you the way. Added on the roof rails (they should be standard)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Land Rover LR2 in VA is:

$123 per month*