Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

I love my LR2
By RoverGal

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My LR2 is the very first one to be shipped into the US market-Numero Uno. Owned it since April of 2007. All that time, I've had no major problems. A hot restart problem that was fixed right away by the dealer A couple of rattles that were also fixed right away. The car is incredibly comfortable for me to drive, avg 25 MPG on my daily 44 mi commute, is reliable, and can traverse even the worst of the Vermont "mud season" ruts (measured at 14") with ease. It looks sexy in Stornoway Gray with the black leather interior, woodgrain trim, and all the options. I'm sorry others are suffering through "first year" syndrome for this. I've treated mine like a baby and she loves me back!

There aren't any features I don't like, so I guess I could say - everything! Bluetooth is the bomb!

Cover the small box in the center console. Stop using the perforated leather - just use the same leather as in our Range Rover Supercharged and be done with it, we'll pay the extra.

My LR2
By rovergal

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my car for over a year now and still haven't found anything to complain about. I'm getting over 25 mpg, it is extremely comfortable to drive, has lots of power when I need it, can traverse muddy, rutty roads with ease, and is just a great car!

Bluetooth and Sound system

Softer leather on the seats, make the wood kit standard, rather than optional.

3 x Electronic Meltdwn ongoing Nightmare
By CALandRoverHell

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Briefly- This SUV's electronics systems are defective, and LR must know it! I have had 3 different, brand new models 2-LR2's and 1 LR2 HSE. Similar issues have re-occurred with all 3 vehicles: 1) passenger front seat airbag/seatbelt sensor malfunction even after fix, comes back on. 2) nav screen freezing and not moving forward 3) gas showing EMPTY when is 1/2 or more full 4) sound system muting after rear 'sonar' has engaged 5) rear latch when opening at night, turns on ALARM 6) incompetent service people. their 'systems' never seem to find the problems, and I have to have solution for them by finding on internet

Look, space, masculine car, cargo, open/airiness, sound system, prestige look

This SUV is a lemon, and I'm turning my 3rd one (HSE) in and getting a more reliable brand like Acura, Infiniti or Lexus. what a big mistake and a nightmare!

Adaptive Lighting
By Trooper

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Adaptive lighting failed whilst driving at night on the day I collected my new car. Dealership "upgraded" the software however, this did not rectify the problem. After several emails to Land Rover UK, the diagnosis is that one of the motors needs replacing as the light is not swiveling as far as it should. Identical issue as 'misswho'. Will advise once motor replaced if this solves the problem. I currently (touch wood) have no issues with starting the engine!

Solid build and off road capabilities.

Thorough check of vehicle before release from factory!!

Excellent purchase
By steve

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I felt I got A LOT for the price. I was very impressed by how it drove but the style of the vehicle is very impressive !!! I get stopped a lot by people telling me how sharp my car looks. I see a lot of LR2's around beautiful Santa Barbara. Kids love their own sunroof for the backseat !

Stereo system is great !Plenty of leg room in the front/back seats. Rear storage space is great ! Interior design is very rich looking !

I HATE the ignition button/key system. When you put the key in, you sometimes have to wait 10-20 sec's, before the engine will start. Dealer said this is a problem with others. I also dislike the drivers seat. It is positioned to upright, I guess so you see better. I tried to reposition it but no luck !