Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

I Love It
By GSR

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Land Rover. I have owned Jags and Mercedes plus most of the American and Japanese cars. After 3 months, I am sold on the LR-2 HSE as a real winner. Certainly, I wish it got a little better gas mileage (I can eek out 17 mpg around town). However, I find the ride quality superb and have absolutely no quarrel with the pick-up. For over all quality, I believe the LR2 iS a stand-out and a fantastic bargain when compared with the BMW, Mercedes, or other top of the line compact SUVs.

Comfort, features, quality of build

Better gas mileage. Built in garage opener. XM radio

Very Pleased So Far
By Mr. Bill

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After 3 months I have no complaints at all. It's the best riding SUV I've ever owned. The dark blue looks great on the outside and the alpaca tan leather looks fantastic on the inside. The build quality is excellent all around. After getting used to the ignition system, I don't even think about it anymore.

Seats, stereo (awesome), transmission, ride and styling. Just an all around great looking and driving vehicle.

Needs a locking gas tank - can't believe this wasn't considered (and LR doesn't offer an optional locking cap). Mesh sunroof shade is nice but a blackout shade would be more effective in keeping the interior cool. Needs a driver's side dead pedal. HSE should include the roof rack (way overpriced).

Needs a diesel engine!
By Ray Moss

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my LR2 (called a Freelander 2 in England) in the UK. I wanted a diesel engine so I opted for the UK version. It's strong and gets about 35 MPG around town. The manual 6 speed is smooth. I've been off road and up and down the highways. I love this vehicle.

Bi xenon headlights, bluetooth and heated windshield with auto sensing wipers.

Put a diesel engine in the U.S. version!

I love my LR2
By RoverGal

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My LR2 is the very first one to be shipped into the US market-Numero Uno. Owned it since April of 2007. All that time, I've had no major problems. A hot restart problem that was fixed right away by the dealer A couple of rattles that were also fixed right away. The car is incredibly comfortable for me to drive, avg 25 MPG on my daily 44 mi commute, is reliable, and can traverse even the worst of the Vermont "mud season" ruts (measured at 14") with ease. It looks sexy in Stornoway Gray with the black leather interior, woodgrain trim, and all the options. I'm sorry others are suffering through "first year" syndrome for this. I've treated mine like a baby and she loves me back!

There aren't any features I don't like, so I guess I could say - everything! Bluetooth is the bomb!

Cover the small box in the center console. Stop using the perforated leather - just use the same leather as in our Range Rover Supercharged and be done with it, we'll pay the extra.

My LR2
By rovergal

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my car for over a year now and still haven't found anything to complain about. I'm getting over 25 mpg, it is extremely comfortable to drive, has lots of power when I need it, can traverse muddy, rutty roads with ease, and is just a great car!

Bluetooth and Sound system

Softer leather on the seats, make the wood kit standard, rather than optional.

• SUV