2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
Love it. Need to fix Bluetooth
By Mark on 06/05/07 10:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Great off road on sand/beach and in some mountain off road. GPS works great and like the low fuel station finder. Lots of room. Mileage in line with expectations. Great sound system The Bluetooth not working with Blackberry and Smartphone

Great SUV----Fix the Bluetooth
By dsprga on 05/26/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm ending my first month and 1000 miles. I get great comments on the look of the car and I like the ride more than I thought I would as I was changing from a sedan. Great visibility and very comfortable seats. For tall people, there is more than enough room in the driver's seat. I purchased the upgraded sound system and lighting package. I'm glad I did. Great sound and great visibility at night. My main complaint is with the bluetooth phone system. There are very few phones that are compatable with the LR2 and no PDAs. Hopefully, LR is working on a fix for this. Other than the bluetooth issue, I think LR has done an excellent job in this redesign.

Great First Month, Bluetooth needs a fix
By Mike on 05/21/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my LR2 (fully loaded) for about a month now. I've been very impressed with the ride (as good as the X5 and much better than the X3). The seats are comfortable and the sound system and tech package(upgrade) are worth the upgrade. My main complaint is the bluetooth technology. While the bluetooth connected with my son's simple Motorolla cell phone, you can't find a smartphone (ie, Blackberry, Treo, Q, etc) that works with any carrier. What was Land Rover thinking? I'm told that other phones will be added. Most auto manufacturers that offer Bluetooth will have at least a couple of smartphones that connect. I'm very disappointed that this great option is useless at this time.

Fun to Drive
By Dan on 05/19/07 21:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have really enjoyed the LR2. I have 1800 miles on it so far. I own 2 other SUV's and an Audi. This is the most fun to drive. Many positive comments from people of all ages. Smooth drive, great stereo (even without tech) and the headlights are super.

Loving my new LR2
By highwaydude on 05/18/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am going on my 3rd week of owning the new LR2 and have had no problems. It rides very comfortable, very quiet on the road, and the best sound system I have yet to have in a vehicle.

Fun little SUV
By Mike on 05/18/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my LR2 a month ago. I love it! It's fun to drive, comfortable, and looks great. I'm making my first trip to Montana next month and will submit an off road review then. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I traded my Audi A6 S- line in for this. I thought I was going to compromise some driving performance for a better fishing vehicle, surprise! The LR2 has a very sprited inline 6 that won't leave you wanting for more power. Great job Land Rover!

LR2 is solid
By yeomancavalry on 05/13/07 03:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent visibility, excellent ride, and very little wind noise. Standard luxury interior, standard features are simply remarkable for a vehicle within the $35,000 price range. For a small ute it has excellent leg space and headroom. The wide body gives a nice distance between driver and passenger. Dependable terrain response. Fully more off-road capable than initially expected despite not being a true 4x4. GPS is awesome! Well laid out. Very solid doors. Lots of safety standards like driver's knee airbag. Related to the Volvo S81, so you know its safe! Peppy motor and easy access maintenance. Awesome 7.1 channel Dolby, 14 speakers surround sound!

500 miles and loving it
By Kman on 05/05/07 09:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased the new LR2 and must say that at 500 miles I love this vehicle. It may to a little too early to tell but I am confident this will set a new bar for LR. The vehicle has the 3 options packages (climate, lighting and tech) which I was at first apprehensive on paying for. However when you consider that Honda's and Suzuki's come with leather, navigation and decent sound systems it only makes sense to get a Land Rover loaded.

Great 4x4, should have been a sports car
By mike on 04/25/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Very impressed with ths vehicle. Glad we waited for its release. The size is right and it handles like a sports car unlike what you might expect. My only gripe might be gas mileage which is increasing as it breaks in. Otherwise we are pleased with all other aspects of this vehicle. My kids love the nav- (we have all options) and find it very easy to use. Would recommend to anyone who wants a real 4x4 and all the options without the big bloated feel of most other 4x4's.

A winner for Land Rover
By mike on 04/17/07 19:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle so far! So glad we waited till these were available. Handles like a much smaller vehicle, but feels so capable! Very impressed and confident driving this SUV. Purchased with all options and the color shown on this web site. Excellent Volvo engine pulls very nicely with lots of torque. Nav is great. Wife and kids love it too! The size is just right without that big and bloated feeling we had with other SUVs. Must say the brakes are fantastic and build is top notch!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.