Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

Stylish Beast
By Mike J

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The best looking crossover out there, with tons of safety features- in the safety department, second to none. Everyone thinks it's a Range, but it's half the price and does the trick for me. I've had it for over a month and still love getting inside to drive every day.

Favorite Features

Best feature: the engine. Drives like a sports car, with an engine that revs and accelerates smoothly. Most people can't believe they are in an SUV/CUV when I accelerate. Notable: Off-road capability, dual moonroof, unbelievable audio system (and I don't even have the deluxe audio system)

Suggested Improvements

Some might say fuel economy, but I think the 16/23 is pretty good for this vehicle. Plus, the price is so low that it's worth it to pay a little extra for gas!

Great CUV with Offroad Capability
By BAM

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great crossover SUV, maintains offroad capability while still offering a very nice onroad experience. I spent quite a bit of time comparing to RDX and X3 and test driving each, and disagree with the Edmunds review about "workaday" interior with the LR2 compared to the X3. The seats are great and the interior is sharp too. Acceleration won't be winning any races, but it's just fine for what it needs, I never feel like the engine is straining at any speed. Although the cargo space is listed as lower than the X3, it didn't really seem so after taking a look inside. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend.

Favorite Features

Adaptive headlights, cold climate package, smooth ride, very comfortable driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

Another mpg or 2 would be nice as well bigger storage compartments and an included roof rack.

I Love It
By GSR

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Land Rover. I have owned Jags and Mercedes plus most of the American and Japanese cars. After 3 months, I am sold on the LR-2 HSE as a real winner. Certainly, I wish it got a little better gas mileage (I can eek out 17 mpg around town). However, I find the ride quality superb and have absolutely no quarrel with the pick-up. For over all quality, I believe the LR2 iS a stand-out and a fantastic bargain when compared with the BMW, Mercedes, or other top of the line compact SUVs.

Favorite Features

Comfort, features, quality of build

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Built in garage opener. XM radio

Very Pleased So Far
By Mr. Bill

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After 3 months I have no complaints at all. It's the best riding SUV I've ever owned. The dark blue looks great on the outside and the alpaca tan leather looks fantastic on the inside. The build quality is excellent all around. After getting used to the ignition system, I don't even think about it anymore.

Favorite Features

Seats, stereo (awesome), transmission, ride and styling. Just an all around great looking and driving vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a locking gas tank - can't believe this wasn't considered (and LR doesn't offer an optional locking cap). Mesh sunroof shade is nice but a blackout shade would be more effective in keeping the interior cool. Needs a driver's side dead pedal. HSE should include the roof rack (way overpriced).

Needs a diesel engine!
By Ray Moss

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my LR2 (called a Freelander 2 in England) in the UK. I wanted a diesel engine so I opted for the UK version. It's strong and gets about 35 MPG around town. The manual 6 speed is smooth. I've been off road and up and down the highways. I love this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Bi xenon headlights, bluetooth and heated windshield with auto sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Put a diesel engine in the U.S. version!