2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
Overall best luxury small SUV
By lakes00 on 08/17/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I checked quoted and test drove the whole small SUV market. I chose the LR2 on features, looks, comfort and warranty. Within price range my finalists were the X3, Tribeca and the LR2. The LR2 won on features, comfort and looks. Lease price was the hardest part to digest, BMW and all others offered much better deals. I do love this little SUV, as it is so much fun to drive. Fuel economy is pretty decent for an SUV (getting 21.3 avg MPG). The standard Alpine radio is excellent. I do not recommend buying the Technology package. Tech package is $4000. For $350 I bought a Garmin navigation with Bluetooth that fits perfect in the NAV space..and the bluetooth does work with my Blackberry.

Should've bought an X3
By Joe Marton on 08/06/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car is 30 days old, been in to the dealer for service 3 times. First 2 times for a faulty passenger seat air bag sensor, now suddenly it has refused to start 3 times in 2 days with the check engine and battery lights coming on. First time it was in for 2.5 weeks, LR didn't have have a P/N for the part that had to be replaced then when they did they shipped it all the way over from the UK. The price of the LR2 was great, but perhaps "you get what you pay for." Beginning to wish we would have just purchased an X3.

Must love bumps!
By Nlighten1 on 07/29/07 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is amazing at making bumps feel insignificant on the trail. I got 24 MPG highway on my first tank on the highway up to northern Michigan with cruise set at 70 MPH. The bad part is my 2002 Ford Expedition can climb a sand hill way better since the LR2 doesn't have 4 wheel low but has the power to weight advantage. The second day I drove it there were three things wrong with the vehicle. The air bag system warning light is on, a 12 volt power outlet quit working and the MP3 jack quit working. The key (Landrover calls it "the unit") has to be inserted into "the reciever" and then you push the start button to start the vehicle. This process doesn't always work. Bad luck or quality?

Awesome Luxury SUV for the Money
By Mark Bulleri on 07/28/07 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We love our LR2. We tested the MDX and Nissan Murano and as soon as we got into the LR2 and started it up, we were hooked. Our eyes said it all and our salesman knew he hooked us. There are 2 improvements that I would have wanted, more horsepower for changing lanes on the highway and the bluetooth doesn't work with my blackberry. But all in all, I would highly recommend the LR2 it is fun to drive and is super stylish.

A little glitch but still good
By Dwheels on 07/19/07 11:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my LR2 and took it home, unfortunately the fan module broke and the fan ran for an hour after I got home, I had to disconnect the battery and take it back in the morning. They patched it up and I was on my way. I work in Construction, and this car rocked out on the site, no problems in the sand or mud, it wa great! Got it a bit dirty, but handled great. I expect a few more glitches to come, but the service staff was great, so I didn't worry.

So far so Good!
By BluzVox on 06/30/07 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'm 6'4", good head and leg room, comfortable seats, easy access to instruments, good acceleration/power, a lot of extras for the money, good on highway and surface streets, handles well and smooth ride over rougher surfaces - good suspension. Rides like a heavier SUV, drives like a sports car. Really enjoying it! Gas mileage is 19 - 23 highway so far

Fun to drive
By Allan on 06/29/07 14:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV and I'm enjoying the experience immensely. The first 2000 miles have been a joy and the quality is amazing. This is definitely an excellent value. The comfort is better than the Mercedes CLK it replaced. The safety features are second to none. The upgraded 14 speaker sound system has a range that makes it a joy to listen to, especially the classical music, where the highs and lows are lost in most vehicles. The upgraded halogen headlights follow the steering wheel around corners and up and down hills. There is so much to recommend in this vehicle, I suggest you take it for a spin. This is my first Range Rover, but it won't be my last.

BMW X3 - Watch out!
By Sam Pack on 06/19/07 17:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We went from driving an '05 X5 to this beauty! Thought I would really miss the room but this is just fine for the two of us. The finishing is superb, the look is awesome and we get looks from a lot of people on the road, both young and older. Ours is Narvik Black with tan interior and all the options, GPS, adaptive headlights, upgraded stereo. This true luxury, not BMW's faux luxury and leather"ette". And what a great price difference! It's nice, also, to be different and not look like every other "curve" on 4 wheels out there.

Love the LR2
By tom m on 06/08/07 14:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle continues to amaze me with its incredible design features which makes it so enjoyable to drive. It is very comfortable to drive with precise steering and powerful brakes. The fuel economy has been much better than I had expected with mileage rarely less than 20 MPG and as much as 30 MPG when driven at steady 60 MPH. My major problem is getting the car before my wife takes it.

A little more HP please
By Kevin on 06/07/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Stornoway Gray LR2, with all all options, in late April and now at 2100 miles I still am impressed. Originally I was thinking about buying a LR3 but needed something a little smaller and the BMW X3 didn't cut it. Overall the exterior and interior look of the vehicle is sharp but I wish the engine had a little more HP...like 275- 280. I primarily use the LR2 for work so it's mostly paved road driving which is very comfortable. However I recently took it off road and realized it was truly a Land Rover but it does have a pretty good sway over rough terrain. For myself, my wife and dog this is our weekend getaway vehicle and it is more than enough room and very fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.