Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

My First Rover!
By Monebyrd

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I went to the dealership in April,I was looking at an X5 but it was a diesel engine and I was nervous about put gas in it by accident. I was very skeptical of this Landie due to the poor reliability reviews. I made sure I was able to check the history of the truck and it was corporate for 9 months then the owner had it for 6.7years was serviced in the here in the Northeast. I bought it with a warranty as well as my mechanic went over it and changed the oil and brakes for me. I have the cold package with heated seats as well as heated windshield. Love how high it sits. The ride is awesome. Not quick as the Beamer but I luv the fact you can go anywhere in Style and safety. The previous owner took very good care of it! was not afraid of the miles. It does burn oil. I had to replace a quart before oil change (synthetic)premium gas.Plan on keeping it for awhile.

I really like mine!
By Erik Rooney

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my LR2 for just a couple of weeks. I'm really impressed with the overall quality and craftsmanship. I do my own maintenance so I can't say the repair cost is out of range. I would recommend this to a family member. I'm sure there are better SUV's, but if you don't want to blend into the crowd, I recommend the Land Rover product.

Reliability is the problem
By BAD choice ;LR2

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Once i saw this car i loved the exterior and interior and lots of extras it came with. So i dropped my first choice back then which was the vw Touareg, as i had a concern about the vw reliability. Unfortunately i was totally wrong cause it i never suffered with a car like this LR2, every now and then it should be towed to the dealer for electrical problems, that actually there is no real solution for them. Engine fault and transmission fault are keeping flashing in your face! tail gate got stuck more than once. What a great loss i had spent a fortune to own this LR2 and i cannot depend for long journeys in it.

options like bluetooth, audio system/ navigation and cruise control easy to use.

handling is like a truck and not an SUV, electrical faults to be improved and Fuel economy is very LOW

Best Vehicle owned
By Trevoro47

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I work out of town for a living and average around 40,000km a yr on my vehicles, the Land Rover LR2 has been the best vehicle I have owned and I have owned everything from trucks to cars to vans and I wouldn't drive anything other than my Land rover. admittedly the cargo space is a little tight but aside from that this vehicle is solid! I live in Canada and going through the 7 months of Canadian winters you need a reliable vehicle. Aside from the schedule maintenance I haven't had a single issue with it, even after putting 30000 km on it in 9 months the engine still purrs like a kitten. Love it thanks for the dependability Land Rover. Good job!

Comfortable drive, stylish looks, quick access features on steering wheel, powerful engine for weight.

power tailgate

2008 LR2 HSE
By LTC

2008 Land Rover LR2 SUV HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned it for just under 2 yrs. All service free and one quick recall item while in for service. Average 20 MPG with much stronger V6 than previous Freelander. It handled the record DC snowstorm with ease.

Offroad ability and traction in snow. Stereo system and bluetooth is great.

Power lift gate