2008 Land Rover LR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:
150,000
By mks9 on 03/15/13 05:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just about to turn 150,000 miles. Been a great vehicle. Only thing that has gone wrong is AM radio and a broken spring on the shift lever. Have only done routine maintenance. Still on 3rd set of tires, brakes replaced at about 75K and oil changes. Best vehicle I have owned and have been driving for about 40 years. Lots of nice little features, and well designed. Handles great and has been reliable. I tow a small boat, carry bikes, kayaks and stand up paddle boards during the summer. Average about 21 mpg, mostly highway.

1,000 Mile Review
By roverfanatic7 on 12/20/12 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car a few weeks ago. I wanted an SUV and was having trouble deciding. First, I looked at the FJ Cruiser. Love that car, reliable, safe, fun to drive and a great offroader. However, the visibility was horrible. Next, I looked at the Nissan Xterra. The price was very high considering the features. Then, I looked at the Acura RDX. I liked it, but found it small and didn't have a strong offroad capability. I also looked at the Jeep Liberty, but found the ride horrible despite the nice interior and features. So, I stumbled upon this LR2. I wanted to stay away from Land Rover because of the reliability. However, this car has it all. No problems yet! Look below at the features!

94,000 mile review
By mks9 on 02/01/11 07:43 AM (PST)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Been very reliable. Only routine maintenance. Oil changes, brakes at 75,000 miles, tires about every 42,000 miles. Fun to drive, good gas mileage for it's size. Still don't like te key, but it seems to be the new trend. At the moment, it's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. It's my 6th vehicle and I never get rid of them with under 150K miles on them.

Reliability is the problem
By BAD choice ;LR2 on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Once i saw this car i loved the exterior and interior and lots of extras it came with. So i dropped my first choice back then which was the vw Touareg, as i had a concern about the vw reliability. Unfortunately i was totally wrong cause it i never suffered with a car like this LR2, every now and then it should be towed to the dealer for electrical problems, that actually there is no real solution for them. Engine fault and transmission fault are keeping flashing in your face! tail gate got stuck more than once. What a great loss i had spent a fortune to own this LR2 and i cannot depend for long journeys in it.

Best Vehicle owned
By Trevoro47 on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I work out of town for a living and average around 40,000km a yr on my vehicles, the Land Rover LR2 has been the best vehicle I have owned and I have owned everything from trucks to cars to vans and I wouldn't drive anything other than my Land rover. admittedly the cargo space is a little tight but aside from that this vehicle is solid! I live in Canada and going through the 7 months of Canadian winters you need a reliable vehicle. Aside from the schedule maintenance I haven't had a single issue with it, even after putting 30000 km on it in 9 months the engine still purrs like a kitten. Love it thanks for the dependability Land Rover. Good job!

UNRELIABLE LEMON
By Mike on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my wife's car. She acknowledges that it was a bad choice. Like someone else said, this is not a real SUV. This is a very low car that should really be a station wagon, but a wagon is better because it has more cargo room. The cargo room in the LR2 is a joke. What were they thinking? You could fit one stroller in there and that's it. This is a city car. It will get you from A to B in relative style, and it's easy to park. That's it. It is not a good grocery getter, not a good family car, nothing like that. This car is really meant for single young professionals who are frugal with their money and want to drive a brand name. Electrical left us stranded more than once.

worst car ever
By dk on 09/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the LR2 last year and it has spent more time getting repaired than a car should be. Factory tires were wore out at 16,000 miles. Constant software and electrical issues. There has been a code that trips the check engine light that is apparently cannot be fixed until new software is produced. So the engine light comes on and off. Now the latest which happened today. Went to start the vehicle and its like it shorted out everything. Will not start and would not eject the key fob. This car looks great from the outside but what a mistake I made trading in our STS for this thing. About to move cross country and now I cannot trust this car.

3 Year Report
By Rick G. on 08/24/10 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Tambora Flame LR2 just turned 3 years old. I am still completely satisfied with this vehicle. It has remained very dependable, comfortable, and fun to drive. Outside of regular maintenance, it has only been in for service for a couple of very minor issues over the past 3 years. It still gets lots of looks and I still get lots of positive comments from people. It is a really nice mix of a rugged "go anywhere" SUV and a comfortable luxury SUV at a very reasonable price considering all the standard equipment it came with. I am still very happy with my purchase.

LR is slipping
By Jeff on 08/20/10 12:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

3rd and last Land Rover! For such a stunning car (we had the cool orange, one) what a pile of poo! Bought it new and almost an instant headache. I broke down in SEVEN different states! From NC to CA! Left a LR service center in NM, 6 hrs later I was broke down again in CO! Constant PRICEY services, and with the sporadic dealer locales it can be a bit of travel. Inside, the car is very cheaply "thrown together." After 20k miles you never ride in silence!! With everything rattling inside and wind noise it can turn a grouchy morning into an epileptic fit! If you're looking for a car to look at then look no more! If you actually use and DEPEND on a vehicle for more than an eyegasm steer clear

2008 LR2 HSE
By LTC on 07/27/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned it for just under 2 yrs. All service free and one quick recall item while in for service. Average 20 MPG with much stronger V6 than previous Freelander. It handled the record DC snowstorm with ease.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.