Used 2008 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR2 model:

150,000
By mks9

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just about to turn 150,000 miles. Been a great vehicle. Only thing that has gone wrong is AM radio and a broken spring on the shift lever. Have only done routine maintenance. Still on 3rd set of tires, brakes replaced at about 75K and oil changes. Best vehicle I have owned and have been driving for about 40 years. Lots of nice little features, and well designed. Handles great and has been reliable. I tow a small boat, carry bikes, kayaks and stand up paddle boards during the summer. Average about 21 mpg, mostly highway.

Love the lights, and downward tilting mirrors when shifting to reverse. All 4 windows are one touch. Love the heated windshield. Its very easy to drive and handles very well. Plan to keep it for quite a while. Key remote went through the wash machine and came out working fine, that was a couple years ago. Love the transmission, very smooth, holds speed going down hills and I find the manual mode great for contolling speed on hills and windy roads.

Little shy on leg room for back seat adult passengers if you have them. Wouldn't mind a center console but not a big deal.

1,000 Mile Review
By roverfanatic7

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car a few weeks ago. I wanted an SUV and was having trouble deciding. First, I looked at the FJ Cruiser. Love that car, reliable, safe, fun to drive and a great offroader. However, the visibility was horrible. Next, I looked at the Nissan Xterra. The price was very high considering the features. Then, I looked at the Acura RDX. I liked it, but found it small and didn't have a strong offroad capability. I also looked at the Jeep Liberty, but found the ride horrible despite the nice interior and features. So, I stumbled upon this LR2. I wanted to stay away from Land Rover because of the reliability. However, this car has it all. No problems yet! Look below at the features!

This car is LOADED! Love the Alpine stereo, heated seats, offroad capability and size. This thing is a bullet. It drives through curves like a BMW but has the offroad ability of a truck! Excellent combination! Nothing feels like driving a Land Rover!

Love the key, but had to get it replaced. Remote issues were minor.

94,000 mile review
By mks9

2008 Land Rover LR2 SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Been very reliable. Only routine maintenance. Oil changes, brakes at 75,000 miles, tires about every 42,000 miles. Fun to drive, good gas mileage for it's size. Still don't like te key, but it seems to be the new trend. At the moment, it's the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. It's my 6th vehicle and I never get rid of them with under 150K miles on them.

Love the lights and Navigation system. It's very intuitive. Still can't figure out how to use my wife's Toyota Navigation sytem. Seats are very comfortable and the drive is terrific. Love to use the manual mode to break the car. Transmission is also terrific. Unlike my previous Chevy that wanted to accelerate to 90 mph on down hills, the LR2 mostly maintains the spedd your at. I drive in the mountains (east coast) alot.

Still don't really like the key. If you hit the brake and the start button at exactly the same time, it screws up the computer and the car won't start. All you have to do is remove the key and start again, but an old fashion key doesn't have that problem. The only other minor issue is that when you go from the automatic mode to the manual mode, the display doesn't tell you what gear you are in until you shift once. Not a problem, just seems odd that you have to shift to display the gear.

Reliability is the problem
By BAD choice ;LR2

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Once i saw this car i loved the exterior and interior and lots of extras it came with. So i dropped my first choice back then which was the vw Touareg, as i had a concern about the vw reliability. Unfortunately i was totally wrong cause it i never suffered with a car like this LR2, every now and then it should be towed to the dealer for electrical problems, that actually there is no real solution for them. Engine fault and transmission fault are keeping flashing in your face! tail gate got stuck more than once. What a great loss i had spent a fortune to own this LR2 and i cannot depend for long journeys in it.

options like bluetooth, audio system/ navigation and cruise control easy to use.

handling is like a truck and not an SUV, electrical faults to be improved and Fuel economy is very LOW

Best Vehicle owned
By Trevoro47

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I work out of town for a living and average around 40,000km a yr on my vehicles, the Land Rover LR2 has been the best vehicle I have owned and I have owned everything from trucks to cars to vans and I wouldn't drive anything other than my Land rover. admittedly the cargo space is a little tight but aside from that this vehicle is solid! I live in Canada and going through the 7 months of Canadian winters you need a reliable vehicle. Aside from the schedule maintenance I haven't had a single issue with it, even after putting 30000 km on it in 9 months the engine still purrs like a kitten. Love it thanks for the dependability Land Rover. Good job!

Comfortable drive, stylish looks, quick access features on steering wheel, powerful engine for weight.

power tailgate