Run - Run Far Away
By Nichol on
2005 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)
Expensive Lemon City - Major electrical issues with engine. Left me stranded 2x for over 6 hrs waiting for LR road side assistance. Radio broke 2x, brakes squeal like pigs, air conditioner poured water on front passengers' feet and spit water thru vents. Engine still smells like it is burning despite mechanics check 2x. Everyone hits head getting into car including 5'0" ft sister. Stabilizing bar feels off - heard others had problems here. Rear tailgate window drops when car is off, key out & no one is near. Took in 4 repair & mechanics didn't reinstall my rear door lock - took 2 wks for LR 2 fix it. They acted like it was my fault. Not nearly enough luggage space - 2 suitcases MAX.
Favorite Features
Seats great for bad backs. Great exterior look. Good lights for night time driving. Love the heaviness of the vehicle. Fun to ride on rough terrain when it's not in shop - so not often. Lame security system - each key is $60. Suede-ish interior is a Mom with children's worst nightmare.
Suggested Improvements
Terrible customer service and mechanics at dealerships at Frederick and Virginia Beach & LR 1-800 number. Road side assistance is a joke. When I showed concern about all my LR problems, the head mechanic said the "LR has more computers than the 1st space shuttle and should expect it". NOT at $27K!