2005 Land Rover Freelander 2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Possibly the worst vehicle ever

2005 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

Possibly the worst vehicle ever
By NJB on

2005 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am writing this review in hopes of deterring and potential buyers from purchasing one of these horrid little automobiles. I do not own one; I am a career mechanic, and we contract with a used car lot to repair their vehicles. They have brought in a number of these Freelanders with mileage ranging from 30k to 80k, and not one of them has been saleable without at least $1k in repairs. Aside from being under powered, lazy/sloppy handling, and interior ergonomics worse than the old Ford Festiva, these things have more mechanical and electrical problems than any other model from any manufacturer. VERY expensive parts and high labor costs. Absolute JUNK!

Favorite Features

Job security for mechanics

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the mould, design a new vehicle. The Freelander is quite possibly the most poorly designed and executed automobile made to date, and trying to fix the problems would be an excercise in futility. If I were allowed more characters, I would elaborate on why.