2005 Land Rover Freelander Consumer Review: Wow!

2005 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Wow!
By miaheartless on

2005 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Freelander... Great for winter weather, mountain terrain driving. Geared low, handles amazing in snow and icy conditions. The only repairs other than normal wear for me have been two sensors. The most expensive repair costed less at a small shop, Walt's in Gig Harbor, WA than the regular service at Land Rover and it was for the thermostat control sensor (going on memory for title of part). On the other hand, not the car you want for consistant high miles, highway driving. Driving like I have to now is a waste of this vehicle. I've taken it through some scary bad weather including road closures and that's where it excels!

Aside from the automatic transmission, having the option for manual gear shift control for off highway roads or snow and icy conditions.

Computer control system, sensors, normal maintenance fees. Incline / Descend - do not use on dirt desert roads for steep grades off highway - it just damages breaks/drums but works great for snow! Power windows - not sure what it is about the design - but doesn't hold up well.