2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
2004 Freelander-A Must Have
By Lrover1 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've traveled in Europe quite often, and noticed Freelanders on almost every corner. I decided to test out the European best seller and was quite impressed. Land Rover did a great job with its '04 design. It is very impressive off-road!

Great 4x4
By Roverman on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

No compromise vehicle on and off road. Drives like a BMW on the road and goes everywhere my Jeep Wrangler did. What else do you want in a small SUV. Plus it has some originality.

good car
By strmman on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car but it is underpowered, not fast, sucks gas like a v8. The lowest model has bad fabric seats and maintenance is quite expensive. The dealer is exceptional though and I will consider trading up to a Discovery S next time.

Best in Class
By speedracer on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Freelander is hands down the best vehicle in the small SUV class. The V6 is powerful and is mated with a steptronic transmission which allows you to shift if you want to, otherwise just leave it in drive and go. There is also a sport option which allows for a more lively driving experience with increased engine revs. On the road the suspension is great and gives a smooth right. The steering is tight and responsive, similar to what you would expect in a BMW sedan. The Freelander is excellent off road as well and can go through some rough terrain with aplomb. The driving seat is excellent and gives a great view of the road. Brakes are responsive.

The True Story
By Hollingsworth on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

We love it. Don't let the size fool you. I don't know what they have done, but there is so much room inside (I'm 6'2" and I fit). I don't know what most are talking about, but this is a great ATV. We looked at other, but when it comes to ATV's buy the best.

New Look, New Price, It's a Ford!
By Geodillon on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall the new 2004 Land Rover Freelander looks a lot better than it's previous models did. It's taken the Ford Motor Company look and has been a bit polished up from the 2002-2003 models. Other than the look, the price has changed and has been long due.

Freelander
By Haiti on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have experienced mountain trails with this car. It has taken me throught the worst of weather out here in Las Vegas. Like when it rains and we gwt a flood. I like this car because it provides a smooth drive. I think it could use a navigation system though. I give this car a 9.5 because it really can take you places. The only thing you really need to get done on the car is an oil change, and tires rotated, other than that I recommen this car LandRover Freelander to anyone.

Could be for you
By bedhead on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

depending on what you're looking for, this could either be the best or the worst car you'll ever buy. this is for someone who wants an suv but isnt too interested in off-roading. someone who if they were getting a coupe/sedan would opt for a convertible. someone who wants a quality-made car with something more than a plain-vanilla GM make. someone who wants to stand out a little on the road without having to spend $70k. i love it, this car is for me, it's easily worth the small premium.

Fun
By white51254 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE3 2dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great - if it's for you. My wife and I are young, no kids, but have a very large dog. We live in the midwest, so there's lots of snow in the winter and it's hot in the summer. This car is perfect. Tons of storage with the seats folded down. Handles like a low-end sports car. And the 2004 had the interior improved to make it more Land Roverish. The outside was dramatically improved as well, it looks more like a Range Rover now. Just owning this car makes you want to drive it.

My Freelander
By Oscar Rios on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle bacause of the superiority on off road courses compare to a jeep or any medium SUV my freelander has all the tools to compete with the Range Rovers. Mc Pherson independent suspension, Downhill control,Sincro 5spd/Automatic transmision, ALL wheel drive and many others,,,one more thing NICE SOUND SYSTEM yeahhhhh